Cindy meets the president

Posted by: ST on August 29, 2005 at 1:35 pm

Martin SheenWell, not the real one but someone who thinks he is because he plays one on TV.  You just can’t make this stuff up.  First Sharpton, now:

CRAWFORD, Texas – Cindy Sheehan hasn’t achieved a meeting with the president during her three-week war protest, but she met a man who plays one on TV.

Martin Sheen, who portrays the president on NBC’s “The West Wing,” visited Sheehan’s makeshift campsite Sunday.

“At least you’ve got the acting president of the United States,” Sheen said as the crowd of more than 300 people cheered. “I think you know what I do for a living, but this is what I do to stay alive.”

*ST scratches head and has a perplexed look on her face*emoticon

15 Responses to “Cindy meets the president”

Comments

1. Jay says:

Its a complete freak show circus event! Now they need Michael Jackson to show up and do something totally bizare for the grande finale.

2. Richmond says:

And they wonder why I can’t take them seriously. Good grief!

3. gary says:

All this Bush/war/nation bashing out of Hollywood has made me really consider movies and DVD rentals. I will not go see, nor rent movies with certain actors or actresses in them. Some say I am stupid, but I consider it my part of the stance I also have taken.

4. Eno says:

Wow, you ST this really gets better and better. Go to “Say Anything” and “Protien Wisdom” blogs and check out the photos there. Mother Cindy calls the mothers who lost kids in the war who support Move America Forward “fascists.”:oops: So much for “moral authority”. BTW, the Move America Forward folks outnumber the Camp Casey people almost 10-1, but guess what?!? No media coverage. Imagine that? Nice blog!

5. Bachbone says:

That must be the movie equivalent of, “I’m not a doctor, but I play one on television.”

6. David Foster says:

Wouldn’t you think that all the leftish professors, who talk endlessly about how intelligent they are compared to everyone else, would be a little disconcerted to find themselves on the same side of the barriers as the majority of entertainers, many of whom are poorly educated people totally lacking in intellectua interests?

7. Melissa in Texas says:

Gary,
    I am with you! There are several actor/actresses that I refuse to support by watching their films, either in the cinema or DVD.
    I have been laughed at too, but the way I see it is:
    We gotta stand for something!
    I refuse to fall into Hollywood’s claptrap!

8. GodBlessAmerica says:

Mr. David Foster,

Please enlighten us all as to which and whom you are referring to in “majority of entertainers”. I for one am rather interested in the basis in fact of your eloquent observation.

And after you impress us all with your vast knowledge of academia in entertainment, Then please bestow upon us all some information from your deep pool of knowledge on leftish professors.

I am truly interested in your elaboration to these facts.
    Please educate us all.

9. GBA: Why don’t YOU enlight us on your vast knowledge of the religious right – including personal experiences with pastors, etc, (including a list of names) that have led you to the conclusions you have about the religious right in general? Please be prepared to back them up with facts.

(Note: I wasn’t being serious, just trying to bring up a point)

You see how this works? One doesn’t have to have “personal experience” with leftist professors nor does one have to have “personal experience” with Hollywood leftists to be able to discuss the issue intelligently. I thought it wasn’t even in dispute anymore that the vast majority of professors in this country lean to the left (some more strongly so than others). Same same with respect to the Hollywood leftists: the vast majority of which are no doubt just that: leftists.

It sounds to me like David was just expressing an *OPINION* based on observations based on some of the idiotic comments made by the likes of Danny Glover, etc, in the past because some of the things some of these Hollywood types say are so stupid, it’s hard to believe they even graduated from high school. And you know what? I agree with David. I’ve read enough about the academic elite and Hollywood leftists to be able to agree with the opinion David expressed.

Opinions are just that: opinions. You express something here almost daily that indicates your distaste for the religious right but you never back it up … but what you base it on is no doubt your opinion of things you’ve read and seen in the past. Nobody asks you for an in depth elaboration on it. Stating something as a fact and stating something as an opinion are two different things and I think you know that.

Eno: Thank you! Both of those blogs are on my daily read list (I’ve got about 20-30 I read daily).

10. GodBlessAmerica says:

Sister Toldjah,

Your on! Give me till morning and I will make my point. And I would love to listen to your response.

But please tell me first when I said “religious right”.

Although I can’t argue about Danny Glover or Harry Belafonte being boneheads. I will make my point just the same.

You and I are definitly two sides of the same (conservative)coin.

I am presuming you to be a religious conservative with regard to politics only. Correct me if I am wrong.

And myself being a secular conservative with regard to politics only.

We are both conservatives. I was a Republican election judge in Chicago for years. So I am well versed in minority politics and I have experience making my argument. So let put some thing together for you.

But remember……you asked for it.
    See you in the morning. Sleep well.

11. GBA, please don’t post it in this thread but email it to me instead if you must. I don’t want to sidetrack this thread into one about religion – that wasn’t the point. I just wanted to make a point about people expressing opinions on things and how expressing an opinion and expressing a fact are sometimes a bit different. If you don’t see this and submit the comment anyway, I’ll just view it on email and get back with you.

12. GodBlessAmerica says:

Right On SJ!

I was thinking the same thing. Only for the reason that it will be very lengthy a retort.

13. GodBlessAmerica says: