I like the way this guy thinks:
New York — Morgan Freeman says the concept of a month dedicated to black history is “ridiculous.”
“You’re going to relegate my history to a month?” the 68-year-old actor says in an interview on CBS’ “60 Minutes” to air Sunday (7 p.m. EST).
“I don’t want a black history month. Black history is American history.”
Freeman notes there is no “white history month,” and says the only way to get rid of racism is to “stop talking about it.”
The actor says he believes the labels “black” and “white” are an obstacle to beating racism.
“I am going to stop calling you a white man and I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man,” Freeman says.
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” —Martin Luther King, Jr. 8/28/63
I’d say Mr. Freeman understands the above concept. If only people like my Congressional Representative Mel Watt could as well.
Related Toldjah So posts:
- On group think and how it threatens our freedoms
- Black Democrats in MD make candid admission
- Former NCSU visiting prof calls for extermination of white people
- Race-baiting Democrats and the media’s complicity
- State rep gets more coverage than Rangel
- “We’ve gone from fire hoses to levees.”
- More nonsense from Charlie Rangel
- Media pushes “white guilt” angle
- Exploiting the Katrina tragedy
- The race card is officially on the table