Weds open thread – and talent show ;)

Posted by: ST on August 23, 2006 at 12:02 am

Maybe we can get a ‘talent show’ theme going in this thread today. Just came across this video at YouTube of a guy who was able to match up all the color sides of a Rubik’s Cube in 25 seconds … with one hand:

=d>

Not earthshattering, I know, but still cool.

Now, with that in mind, how about naming your special talent? Almost everyone has one. Just one request: keep it clean, please. There are some hidden ‘talents’ (or maybe not so hidden!) that your blogstress does not want to know about ;)

ST blog factoid: My Sitemeter reached 300,000 in early June. The majority of those 300K visits came between June of last year and June of this year. Looks like it will be ticking up to 400,000 this weekend, which means in less than 2 months I’ve had a sharp increase (in comparison to the last year) in daily visits. Thanks, ya’ll!

9 Responses to “Weds open thread – and talent show ;)”

Comments

1. Phil says:

Well ST I can’t think of a talent that I have not even the kind that our nice blogstress wouldn’t want to know about.:(

2. Drewsmom says:

My only talent is smoking too many cigs, please pray for me sister as I try again today, to guit, I’m sticking the patch on.:((

3. LCVRWC says:

Did anyone else notice he did it left-handed? I admit he might *be* left-handed but he didn’t seem to be handling the cube comfortably.

I guess my special talent is in not really panicking in pressure situations. I do all my panicking afterward.

4. Severian says:

Might have something to do with which side of the brain he’s using, left handed, right brained.

My special talent, not purpose, is the ability to shop for Christmas Presents months in advance of Christmas. I am already over half way thru with my Christmas shopping.

Also, I am able to make friends with most every cat in the world. Noooo I have never tried it at the Cat House in the Bronx Zoo. =)) If I know the cat’s name it is almost certain that I can make a friend. :d – Lorica

6. Enjoyin’ the responses in this thread so far. Keep ‘em comin’! I think we have a few shy folks in the crowd – c’mon now, ya’ll! :)

7. Baklava says:

Very interesting read from Jill Carroll

She really puts a perspective down well..

8. benning says:

Let’s see … I can do voices, from pseudo-british to Brooklyn tough guy (I do a nifty Sheldon Leonard!), Curly Howard, and various Monty Pythonesque voices. I also write. Short stories, and a novel – which I have linked to here (sigh).

I can devour a LARGE bag of M&Ms in a single sitting! Not proud of that, but I can do it! LOL

I can sing almost like Frank Sinatra! Okay, that’s not interesting, but I do it! “Do-Be-Do-Be-Doooo!”

9. Baklava says:

Great….. Look at what Syria is saying Now we can’t stop rockets from going into Lebanon with our non-effective French led international troops in Lebanon.