Friday open thread

Posted by: ST on October 6, 2006 at 8:58 am

Hi ya’ll,

Taking half a day off the 8-5, got some errands to run and then I’ll be on my way to Greensboro for the conference, so posting today will be very sporadic. Wanted to get this open thread started so you can talk about the things I may not have time to blog about today.

Hopefully I’ll be able to log on to the laptop this evening to check in with everyone and blog a little. If I don’t, you know I’m having technical issues. I’ve never used my laptop outside of the house nor have I connected up to someone else’s WiFi before – so I hope doing so isn’t too complicated.

Catcha later :)

Sat 12:53 AM Update: Hey everyone! I’m here in Gboro now – just now got a chance to log on and test out my I’net connection. Good to go so far. Will be busy with the conference most of the day Saturday but we’ll be getting breaks so I should be able to blog a little then (assuming I have no trouble connecting). Have met some cool bloggers this evening, which I’ll blog about some more when my eyelids aren’t drooping :)

14 Responses to “Friday open thread”

Comments

1. Yax K'uk Mo' says:

Interesting double standard reported by Media Research.

2. Happy Friday! It’s a good day – Fed-Ex just delivered me a MacBook. It’s so shiny. :)

3. Baklava says:

What’s the Macbook about? How many pages? :-"

4. Have fun, ST! Wish I was going. Have to keep up with these things.(~~)

5. “I Luuuuuve George Bush……” – Bill Clinton…..

– Shhheesss…Can this snake oil saleman possibly get anymore phony…. (rhetorical question, I know…I know…. *chuckle*)

– Bang **==

6. PCD says:

Budget Deficit Drops Again Now, do you wan’t to elect wastrel Democrats to double or treble the deficit?

7. Baklava says:

:) Pelosi said today that they will roll back tax cuts. She doesn’t know when to stop talking. Yes. Taxing people more will really help the economy ….. It’ll slow the economy down more or reduce the rate of increase in the economy which will negatively affect the increase of revenues into the government. The last 2 years had phenomenol increases of revenues into the government. The increases were double digit percentages yet we have to (according to Pelosi) change that.

8. Baklava says:

On B4B:

So says the Bureau of Labor Statistics (PDF). It also notes that average hourly earnings rose from $16.80 to $16.84 – while over the past year hourly and weekly earnings have increased by 4%.

I’m against earnings increasing by 4%. I’m also against an unemployment rate that is lower than the average during the Clinton years. I will vote FOR Democrats in order to tax people/companies more and therefore turn things around. Bah Humbug.

9. CZ says:

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born”
    – Ronald Reagan<):)

10. CZ says:

sorry for the technical difficulties:)>-

11. ST – I’m pretty sure with your obvious charms you’ll have no problem connecting. :d

– Bang **==

12. Mwalimu Daudi says:

Hungry critters attack NYC ships, piers

The obvious result of global warming, the Patriot Act, the NSA domestic spying program, Foleygate, Chief Justice John Roberts, US troops in Iraq, Ken Lay held hostage at Area 51 to prevent him from blowing the whistle on Bush and Cheney, and The West Wing being censored and ultimately cancelled by Halliburton.

Bush Lied – Crustaceans Dined!

IMPEACH BUSH NOW!