Posted by: ST on October 16, 2006 at 3:18 pm

Absolutely outrageous:

NEW YORK — Civil rights lawyer Lynne Stewart was sentenced this afternoon to 28 months in prison on a terrorism charge for helping an Egyptian sheik communicate with his followers on the outside.

The 67-year-old Stewart, who was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, smiled as the judge announced his decision to send her to prison for less than two-and-a-half years. She had faced up to 30 years in prison.

Stewart’s defense lawyer, Elizabeth Fink told the judge just before the sentence was pronounced: “If you send her to prison, she’s going to die. It’s as simple as that.”

Stewart was convicted in 2005 of providing material support to terrorists. She had released a statement by Omar Abdel-Rahman, a blind sheik sentenced to life in prison after he was convicted in plots to blow up five New York landmarks and assassinate Egypt’s president.

28 freaking months.

Allah has more, including a picture of a smiling Stewart pre-sentencing.

Hat tip: Stop The ACLU

Prior:

• reverse_vampyr trackbacked with American traitor gets only 28 months
  • 15 Responses to “Support terrorists, get a slap on the wrist: Terrorist-supporting lawyer Stewart sentenced to 28 months in prison”

Comments

1. PCD says:

I don’t know if I’ll settle for just impeaching this judge. I can’t decide whether I want this judge to face a firing squad or to just be hanged along side the SHYSTER!

2. NC Cop says:

To be perfectly honest, knowing the justice system as I do, I’m surprised she got that long……..simply disgraceful.

In the old days she would have been hanged for treason.

3. G Monster says:

From what I’ve read, the judge threw out the sentencing guidelines, during the sentencing phase. I am guessing this is what the term activist judge means.

4. sanity says:

Way to show how serious we are on terror.

Makes me cringe at the thought of what a terrorist they bring through the court system and not the tribunals, what will he get.

….he had a terrible childhood. He was beaten, made fun of, its not a wonder he became a “freedom fighter”.

We should not criticize him for his faith but celebrate his willingness to fight against opression, like the black people did against slave holders. He should getting medals, and be applauded his willingness to stand up for what he believes…

I can just see this type of garbage coming out in the court system. You don’t have to look much further than Moussaui(sp) in how they paint them as the victims and because of what they have been through or what they think we should excuse their actions, or be lenient. We should forget the real victims.

God, it makes my head hurt just thinking about this garbage.

5. sanity says:

Can the Prosecution appeal the sentencing of this to a higher court?

Hell they might as well just suspend this sentence. Infact, what the Hey….Let’s just let the blind sheik go free too. I swear these judges really do desire for American’s to start taking the law into their own hands. This reminds me all to well of judges who suspend the sentences of pediophiles. I don’t know, maybe it is time to arm myself. With the lack of common sense that is so prevalent in our court system a man is just going to have to arm himself to stay safe. – Lorica

7. Great White Rat says:

“If you send her to prison, she’s going to die. It’s as simple as that.”

And the problem with that is…???

She was more than willing to be an accessory or co-conspirator in the deaths of many innocent people. Lethal injection’s too good for her.

8. david foster says:

A society that wanted to survive would not treat such a crime so lightly. I’m very worried about our future.

9. NC Cop says:

I agree with you David, I think this country is headed for some VERY bad times.

10. PCD says:

I’m surprised Pelosi, Murtha, a drunken Kennedy, or two, Kerry, Dirtbag Durbin, Reid, Rangel, McDermott, Harkin, and other Defeatocrats aren’t awarding this SHYSTER and this sick excuse for a judge a good conduct medal, IF NOT A CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR.

11. forest hunter says:

GWR: It depends on the caliber of the injection.

Can’t give her the CMH PCD. She would get the Freedom Medal. Ohhhh the irony. =)) – Lorica