New Year’s weekend open thread

Posted by: ST on December 30, 2006 at 11:15 am

Got some post-Christmas cleaning (heh) and decoration re-storing to do so I’ll be away from the blog most of the day.

The big news of the weekend obviously is the execution of Saddam Hussein so use this open thread to talk about him or whatever you like. Be back later :)

• The World According To Carl trackbacked with Swingin'...
  • 11 Responses to “New Year’s weekend open thread”

Comments

Five Bucks says John Edwards is the first canidate to use Saddamn’s execution. I say he gets the dig in ASAP, like January 3rd or so. We should start a pool. Sis here hold my money :D – Lorica

2. Severian says:

After her amazingly ignorant faux pas regarding Al Queda in Iraq, how much longer before Nancy Pelosi comes out and says that Saddam Hussein never had anything to do with Iraq and we shouldn’t have executed him? 8-|

3. Drewsmom says:

cnn and other talking head maniacs have already beat them. anderson cooper and his coverage last night made me want to hurl and most of the lefties say it was our execution and we had total control over the trial, ect., ect, ect.
      These moonbats make me physically ill and the moonbats on c-spann this morning also left my head spinning. If they think its so damn bad here get the hell outta America, go bitch in another country … sorry guys I’m just so sick of it.
      2007 has got to be better.:((

4. Jungle Jim says:

See Provocateur’s post on the Hussein execution:

LINK

5. patty says:

I don’t give a flip about the politicians and their views on Saddam I for one am glad he recieved justice. Too bad they couldn’t have made him suffer for each of his victims.

Oh and
      (“·.¸(“·.¸ ¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
      Have a god blessed
      New Year
      «´¨`·.¸¸. Patty .¸¸.·´¨`»
      (¸.·`´(¸.·`´ “·.¸)“·.¸)

6. stackja says:

Like ST, Iraq had “some post-Christmas cleaning (heh) and decoration re-storing” to do.

7. geezer says:

Much like with Dubya’s inaugural back in ’01, suddenly, I feel somewhat cleaner today. You don’t need an empty-headed, overpaid schmuck on TV to explain why.

For those not bothered by real death, Hot Air’s link to the uncut version is of Zapruder-like proportions.

As a prequel, there’s Gateway Pundit reminding us of the guy who helped set today’s justice in motion. In all the time I’ve spent on the net, I’d never heard this story. Pretty darn cool.

06, one of the crappiest years of my life, thus ends on a good note, so roll on 07. Happy New Year to you and yours!

LOL I remember well one of my “crappiest” years of my life. It was 2003, and let me tell you, my Mom was hit by a car, she spent many months in different surgeries and attempting to get an infection out of the wound. It was a 8 month ordeal I hope to never relive. Well that year New Year’s eve was a work day, and I was attempting to get into work early as I wanted to get off early and enjoy the festivities that were going on later. About half way to work a deer ran out in front of me, and since it was dark and foggy, I didn’t see it. Sadly I killed the poor thing, and did over 2500.00 of damage to the front end of my Exploder, I mean Explorer. Needless to say it was a fitting end to a very crappy year. – Lorica