Democrats: Wrong on national security then, wrong on it now

Posted by: ST on January 17, 2007 at 10:52 pm

Here’s a Mondale ad from 1984 on the Soviets and “arms control”:

On a humorous note, see if you can figure out what the blooper is from this Ted Kennedy video from CSPAN:

;)

16 Responses to “Democrats: Wrong on national security then, wrong on it now”

Comments

1. sanity says:

Personally I think every politician should take a similiar oath:

I am an American Soldier.

I am a Warrior and a member of a team.

I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.

I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.

I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.

I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

I am an American Soldier.

Damn straight.

You only have to read and comprehend this to understand the American Soldier. We are not ignorant inbred hicks with no education as most race baiting democrats would like to paint us as. We take the service and protection of our country very seriously.

Perhaps it is time the politicians did the same.

2. camojack says:

You’ll notice that the newly elected Democrats were all posing as tough on defense. We’ll see… :-?

3. PCD says:

New Democrats=Paper Lions.

4. tommy in nyc says:

Shoot folks youse gotta be kidding me man. The current Commander in Chief whose in his arrogence didn’t send enough troops to Iraq to start with is now trying to pass the buck. I thought ST has back trouble? If that’s the case why is spinning so much?:d Seriously ST I hope you are feeling better:)>-

5. Baklava says:

A disagreement is arrogance tommy? You are still confused with the English language. I’d had to know people you disagree with and what you think of all of them. Especially because you are the expert right? :)>-

6. Baklava says:

BTW – Which is it? Do you want more troops in Iraq or less? And why can’t the Democrats stick to one position? They have said we should have more. Now they are against the plan for more. Is it whatever Bush is for they are against? You can shake your head yes….

7. Severian says:

Bush could really twist their heads around and suddenly adopt their “run away” position. Since their entire “plan” is do whine for whatever is opposite of what Bush wants to do, this would really put them in a lurch. Our moonbats want us to withdraw, but Bush said withdraw, and we can’t be seen wanting what Bush wants…but…what…kaboom! as their heads explode.

8. tommy in nyc says:

:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:(( I guess Baklava is just plainly upset that the BS propoganda thrown around by Karl Rove is no longer being bought by the general American public. Bottom line at this point is the Iraqi government is in bed with the Mahdi Army so personally until that changes you’ll never have much progress for a free and democratic Iraq. Just reality bro I ain’t happy about this fact either man.

9. Jack Deth says:

Hi, ST! \:d/

Democrats of the last fifty years have never understood the Military, it’s capabilities, makeup and what it’s all about.

Sadly, Dems seem to be in a mental Time Warp. Having never progressed beyond Vietnam and the All Volunteer Force of today. Thinking that Uniformed Service is still the vast wasteland of uneducated losers and underachivers.

Which is what it was under LBJ and then SecDef “McNamara’s 100,000″ expansion or “Surge” of the draft. Which lowered standards to the point of re-writing Technical and Field Manuals into Comic Book form.

Jack.

10. PCD says:

Tommy, saying no is not a military strategy. The Dems can’t articulate anything but cut and run. They have no vision and are not willing to PREVENT attacks on the US.

I wish the Democrat caucus would be the recipient of one of the attacks they refuse to protect against. I really pray it comes through a phone call from a known terrorist they refused to listen to. I hope a real commission after the fact points out all the Democrat enabling of terrorists world wide.

11. Tom TB says:

“Breast, best” “Osama, Obama”, Senator Ted shows again what a little too much Chivas can do to the brain.

12. Great White Rat says:

Tom TB,

Did you notice the female staffer in the background high-tailing it out of there the second Teddy began mumbling about breasts? I can’t help thinking she was worried about being Kopechne’d. :d

13. Severian says:

And the liberals have the nerve to call Bush incoherent…8-|

14. NC Cop says:

It’s called research, bro. Try it sometime and you might actually learn something.

Mahdi Army under seige

15. tommy in nyc says:

:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-? Well at the moment to their credit the Maliki Government is cracking down and taking these losers off the street which is encourging. NC Cop the real question is the same as it has always been………… If the Coalition forces don’t put a foot up the haji’s backside nothing productive will get accomplished. Let’s just wait and see if these clowns just detained aren’t released a couple weeks from now.