Podcast with QandO

Posted by: ST on January 29, 2007 at 8:45 am

Sunday afternoon, I had the pleasure of joining the weekly QandO podcast, as done by Bruce McQuain and Dale Franks over at the QandO blog.

We talked about a number of issues, including the various in-the-works Senate resolutions which voice opposition to the President’s surge plan, the Republicans who are weak-kneed on the issue, political correctness and how it stifles honest and open debate on the issues, the Republican and Democrat contenders for president, and a few other issues. You can listen to the podcast by clicking here.

17 Responses to “Podcast with QandO”

Comments

1. McQ says:

Sis … we really enjoyed it. Hope we can do it again sometime.

2. Bob says:

Sister, this use of “Democrat” as an adjective (instead of the correct “Democratic”) seems to be a deliberate attempt to insult and demean Democrats. Why else would conservatives be doing it? Surely you’re aware of the proper word. Otherwise, it could only be due to a really glaring inability to get details straight. Can you fill me in on why y’all insist on using this term? We liberals might have to demand to replace the missing “ic”s any way we can. We could start appending it to Republican, to make a new adjective, “Republicanic.” If petty insults are the objective, I suppose we could stoop to your level just to make the point.

3. Bob, I suggest you don a thicker skin before coming here in the future if something like that offends you. BTW, feel free to come up with a way to add “ic” to the Republicans all you want to. I really don’t care. And you’re starting it up with insulting me again, which we’ve already discussed.

4. sanity says:

Bob, you have to be joking, right?

If we were going to intentionally insult democrats it would be by leaving an ‘ic’ off the parties name.

My God, are you and the rest of the democrats this whiny-assed to be bitchin’ and moanin’ over ‘ic’? Or is it that you really have nothing else to complain about…hmm that cant be it, democrats have no problem finding fault and complaining about something.

Anyways, the more the democrats or at least the supporters whine about ‘ic’, the more it makes them look childish and insignificant.

Oh, I have an idea…instead of whining about ‘ic’, how about the democrat party, instead of whining about the ucrrent policy or strategy give americans an alternative besides ‘cut and run’ and retreating?

How about being a party of ideas, instead of getting to be known as the party of whiny-asses. [rolls eyes] whining about ‘ic’, does it get any more pathetic than that?

Harsh? Yeah, I suppose it is, it’s like whining someone is calling you Tom instead of Thomas and making a big deal of it over and over again.

Saying Democrat party is not an insult (well to some i is) but Whiny-ass party, well that is an insult. So please, let’s get to know the difference.

Sorry ST if this comment was a bit over the top (offensive) to some, but for cryin’ out loud, whining about ‘ic’, when there is so much more going on in the world is really friggin’ pathetic if you ask me.

5. Bob says:

It’s not that the thing itself offends me. Heck, from the responses I get here, “Democrat” used as an adjective might be the nicest thing anybody says to me. It’s just that I can’t help but suspect that it’s being done intentionally, and I’m curious why anybody would bother. And it would be interesting–and possibly worth noting–if it really were being done intentionally as a sort of subtle pejorative. So come on, be a sport. Give me some insight into your conservative lexicon.

6. G Monster says:

Hey Bob, are you registered to vote as a republican, a democrat, or a democratic?

7. Steve Skubinna says:

Maybe it’s becase the Democrats aren’t particularly democratic and we want to make plain we’re discussing the political party and not people who believe in democracy. But if you’d prefer an actual insult I can start using “Dumb-o-craps” or maybe “Dim-o-creeps.”

8. sanity says:

Not going to bother bob, because talking about why someone uses democrat vs democratic in talking is frankly pathietic to tell you the truth. There is so much more going on in the world, but your focusing on ‘ic’ like there is some secret manual of the conservatives or republicans to insult by ….

Oh for f*ck sake, this is got to be the most retarded conversation I have ever gotten sucked into, and I am not going to play this game bob. This is a petty and pathetic arguement and technically, I feel it is a manufactured ‘insult’, because the tone and words of republicans and conservatives have not changed one bit, so after all this time democrat feelings are hurt? Let’s get a grip.

Hmm insulted by ‘ic’….

Things that should really insult:

- anti-war jerks that spit at disabled veterans. (wow there is a Vietnam comparison if your looking for one)

- Jane Fonda out doing it again, just like in Vietnam, to what…to get her name back in the media again for a failed book?

- Talk of global warming by senators and celebrities as they fly in private planes and gas guzzling SUVs. The do as I say, not as I do crowd

- Corruption and pork earmarks on both side ofthe aisles. When everyone is complaining about the costs, and hte deficit, and money in the government, you have individuals from both sides stuffing their pockets and their friends and supporters pockets with pork.

But please, lets consider ‘ic’ the real insult……

9. Marshall Art says:

How about brevity when posting? Is that good enough for ya, Bob? You obviously have way too much time on your hands.

10. Bob says:

Well, go ahead, say “whiny-ass” then. Say “Dumb-o-crat” or whatever you want to. These terms conjure up all the seriousness that your rhetoric demands. You guys can insult me ‘til the cows come home. I really don’t care. I’m just curious, as I said, about the attitude that’s behind it. What’s really funny to me is that some fool like Frank Luntz or Karl Rove probably dreamed this lame insult up thinking that they were striking another blow for conservative ideology, and that they’ve got all of you knuckleheads using it now. It’s like a secret fraternity handshake for conservatives, or the weird, grotesque and unfathomable mating rituals of the blue-footed booby. Go ahead, use it all you want to. I think it’s interesting though, that you all protest too much. Nobody will cop to the truth will they? Tsk-tsk. Silly conservatives . . .

11. If you really “didn’t care” Bob you wouldn’t be so fussy about it. If the terminology I use bothers you so much, then don’t come here to read it.

LOL This coming from someone who allies himself with people that believe GW = Hitler. Come on Bob, Conservatives have taken alot worse from your side that you have taken from us, and this BS you just came up with only proves it. – Lorica

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!!!!! =))

Thanks for proving my point Bob. You people are just too rich. – Lorica

14. And BTW, I’ve used the term “Democratic party”, “Democratic candidates” and “Democratic nomination” in posts as recent as this one, this one, and this one. So next time you get ready to insinuate that something was supposed to have a negative connotation to it, perhaps it’d be a good idea to look before you leap. Otherwise you’re just as guilty of doing what you accuse Republicans of doing: seeing things which simply aren’t there.

15. sanity says:

Bob you’re missing the point.

I said IF we wanted to insult democrats we could say these things.

You on the other hand and others are manufacturing an insult of ‘ic’, which as you state: These terms conjure up all the seriousness that your rhetoric demands. Can really be used to sum up this whole ‘controversy’ and faux outrage of democrats about ‘ic’.

16. Bob says:

“If you really “didn’t care” Bob you wouldn’t be so fussy about it.”
    –ST

Sister, I’m just making a comment and asking a simple question. If a fuss is being made, it seems like it’s everybody but me who’s making it. Heck, I didn’t even spill my chardonnay. Come on, I’m just having fun with you. We can mix it up and debate the issues, all in the name of “civil discourse.” Isn’t it nice every now and then to not always be agreeing with everybody else how evil Hillary Clinton is?

17. Steve Skubinna says:

Karl Rove. Yup. Some traitor must have shown you the secret memo.

My point, made semi-seriously, is this: I want to ensure that people know I am talking about a partisan political party, and not the principles of democracy.