The second – and most important round – will be the final round, which takes place on June 17.
If the conservative wave continues and is successful next week, it will make it all the more easier for Sarko to implement the sweeping reforms he wants to, most regarding the French economy.
Speaking of Sarko, the Politque blog has video of what looks like a slightly tipsy new French president … doing some early celebrating, perhaps?
- From “Freedom Fries” to “Friendship Fries”: What a difference an election makes!
- What Republicans can learn from Sarko’s victory
- The countdown to Sarko versus Sego
- Going down to the wire in France
- Anti-Sarkozy forces in France paint him as a Nazi
- French elections: Conservative Sarkozy versus Socialist Segolene Royal
- French rioters engaging in “civil disobedience”
- France is burning …