What the hell is WRONG with people?

Posted by: ST on June 21, 2007 at 8:54 pm

This video (short 15 second ad will play first) of jerkoffs on a Florida beach last year torturing and killing an eagle ray just goes to show that some people are freaking beyond redemption.

When I see stuff like this, I just think about how the people doing this for kicks and giggles and to ‘impress others’ are doing so in an effort to make up for their own inadequacies, with must be quite numerous.

I couldn’t even watch the whole thing.

10 Responses to “What the hell is WRONG with people?”

Comments

1. Baklava says:

The description was enough. My heart couldn’t handle watching one second so I won’t even do it.

It’s so disheartening.

2. Great White Rat says:

Sick, sick SOBs. I hope the authorities find them and put them away for a long, long time. l-)

3. david foster says:

There’s a new book out by Amity Shlaes on the Great Depression. I’ve only read the first few pages, but these include a vignette from 1930s Chicago in which a bunch of upper-middle-class men are tortuning a mouse by pushing it back into a deep puddle everythime it gets out.

My thought was: At least that kind of wanton cruelty isn’t as common today as it was then.

Poor fool.

4. G Monster says:

Scumbags…

5. NC Cop says:

Rest assured that they will answer for these deeds in this life or the next. There is all kinds of justice in this world.

God have mercy on them.

6. Steve B says:

Sister,

This reminds me of C.S. Lewis’ masterpiece, Perelandra. The devil-possessed character, Weston, was going around in that Eden-perfect world, torturing various creatures to death, leaving a path of destruction for the her, Ransom, to follow.

I think Lewis chose this rampage of cruelty to show the dark heart of the villian. I see dark hearts in these guys, too.

7. Steve B says:

Ooops, should have been “for the HERO, Ransom, to follow.”

We need to start caning these kind of folks. Let them get some perverse pleasure watching their friends flogged with a bamboo cane, and then when it is their turn watch them lose their bowels in their pants. Great fun to be tortured Huh?? If this is what we call an “enlightened” society it is time to bring back public punishments especially for such cruelty. How long before these people do that to a human being?? – Lorica

9. Marshall Art says:

A most reprehensible and contemptable display worthy of the sternest of rebukes. But I find it troubling that there be compassion for the animal with none for the perpetrators. That is not to say that there should be no punishment for these people, but to simply write them off does not speak well for us. OK, perhaps these are beyond redemption. They aren’t little kids pulling wings off flies or scorching ants with a magnifying glass, they’re fully grown. How did they get this way? Are they simply evil? This is not on par with videos I’ve seen of Islamic madmen hacking off the head of a bound prisoner. But it’s the same mindset of a lesser degree. The Islamists are motivated by their warped belief in a false religion. What motivates these people? It’s certain what doesn’t motivate them. There is no heart, no soul, no trace of an ubringing steeped in faith. There’s just a void. God has been pushed aside in our society and nothing has replaced Him. This is a symptom of that. I give thanks that it isn’t more common.

10. Drewsmom says:

This is so cruel, why in the hell would these fools do that to an innocent animal?
    Pretty soon I guess this will be blamed on Bush for all the panty headed torture that went on in Abu prison in Iraq.
    I know some bad stuff went on at Abu but this is worse but watch em turn this around and say that President Bush is to blame cuz he encourages torture, ect.
    I hope these beach going freaks are put in jail, better still, take em out to sea and let cousin Jaws take a bite outta them.