Chief Justice Roberts suffers seizure

Posted by: ST on June 30, 2007 at 7:21 pm
.!.

Via AP:

Chief Justice John Roberts suffered a seizure at his summer home in Maine on Monday, causing a fall that resulted in minor scrapes, Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said.

He will remain in a hospital in Maine overnight.

Roberts, 52, was taken by ambulance to the Penobscot Bay Medical Center, where he underwent a “thorough neurological evaluation, which revealed no cause for concern,” Arberg said in a statement.

Roberts had a similar episode in 1993, she said.

The incident occurred around 2 p.m. EDT on a dock near the home in Port Clyde on Maine’s Hupper Island. Port Clyde, which is part of the town of St. George, is about 90 miles by car northeast of Portland, midway up the coast of Maine.

Roberts was taken by private boat to the mainland and then transferred to an ambulance, St. George Fire Chief Tim Polky said.

“He was conscious and alert when they put him in the rescue (vehicle),” Polky said. The hospital, in Rockport, did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

Named to the court by President Bush in 2005, Roberts is the youngest justice on a court in which the senior member, John Paul Stevens, is 87. Bush was informed of the hospitalization by his chief of staff, Josh Bolten, the White House said.

Roberts is the father of two young children.

Doctors called Monday’s incident “a benign idiopathic seizure,” Arberg said. The White House described the January 1993 episode as an “isolated, idiosyncratic seizure.”

Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery, Mr. Chief Justice.

7 Responses to “Chief Justice Roberts suffers seizure”

Comments

1. Severian says:

And I’m sure our “friends” on Kos and DU and such are all just falling all over themselves to wish him well and a full recovery. 8-|

2. LOL Sev … I’ve already checked Kos and HuffPo – nothin’ yet ;)

3. sanity says:

Nods, that was my first thought when i read this report was how many are foaming at their mouths also in hoping he dies so the Court will not be ‘out of balance’ in liberal mindset.

I wouldn’t be surprised, look at anyone who is associated with the Bush administration that gets sick or goes for surgery and how they are attacked, hope they die, or wouldn’t hurt if they never woke up, ect.

It is a sad thing when a nation and its allies will suffer all because of BDS and hatred. So willing to report on any type of failure, or perceived failure, or made up failure that they will splash it across headlines whether its true or not…..but something good associated with this administration and it gets downplayed, or it is spun negatively, or not even reported at all.

Believe it or not, how politcs and things are moving and the mindset of people in dealing with politics scares me at times in where this country is heading.

4. Leslie says:

Well, let us hope and pray the Chief Justice recovers quickly. The reports sound encouraging.

[-o<

5. Steve Skubinna says:

Way back when Slate was an interesting experiment in online publishing, I was a frequent commenter at The Fray, their blog precurser. Maybe it’s still there, maybe they still call it that, but I don’t know. I bailed at the 2000 elections because I wasn’t going to share a forum with people wishing for Dick Cheney to have a fatal heart attack.

Much as I loathed – still do – Bill Clinton, I never even fantasized about him getting assasinated. Does that make me a better person than the foaming at the mouth totalitarians at sites like Kos and DU?

Hell, yes it does.

6. Dana says:

I just checked several lib sites, and was actually somewhat surprised that there was absolutely nothing on the Chief Justice’s seizure.

7. Severian says:

Don’t get your hopes up Dana:

Link