Weekend open thread

Posted by: ST on June 30, 2007 at 10:02 am

It’s been a bit of a rough week for me, culminating in yet another fall in the parking lot at work on Friday (told you I was freak-accident prone). Not only that, but blogging this week has taken a lot out of me emotionally, considering the highly-charged atmosphere surrounding the immigration issue, and I’m feeling a bit out of sync and not ‘on my game.’ So I’m going to take the weekend off as I need to get my sea legs back (as the old saying goes – I think!).

I’ll be back on Monday, blogging here as well as guest-blogging at Right Wing News.

Have a great weekend, ya’ll. And stay cool :)

10 Responses to “Weekend open thread”

Comments

1. Baklava says:

You are working on being carried around by some handsome man the rest of your life. ;)

Ohhh Dear, I hope you are ok. :( – Lorica

3. Tango says:

Mistress, you are in need of a weekend on the Isle of Capri. Prepare for 48 hours of fine shopping, exquisite dining, and long walks on the sand under the full moon. Sending the G-III to pick you up. @};-

4. Fight4TheRight says:

Sorry to hear of your fall – hope you are taking it easy and enjoying the weekend. Not a lot happening anyway, other than 3 terrorist attacks on Britain that the MSM is doing a fine job of classifying as “minor occurences” …you know, same old, same old!

Apparently John’s presidential bid is on it’s last leg, he had to bring out his wife to garner some sympathy. – Lorica

Three months after Elizabeth Edwards said that her cancer had returned in inoperable form, her role and influence in John Edwards’s presidential campaign is undiminished. She has made a flurry of charged public appearances, become a regular presence advising Mr. Edwards on the campaign trail, and wields behind-the-scenes influence in many internal campaign decisions, aides said.

LINK

6. Mekan says:

The debut of Sicko left me with an interesting and scary thought. Cuba is an example of the Fairness Doctrine enacted. Those in power decide what is proper to say when, where, and without rebuttal. Sicko’s director and the people that view Cuba as a people’s paradise are pushing very hard for this type of civilized ‘freedom of speech’. A speech where there views are unmolested while contrary views must be ridiculed by law or hushed completely.

Why are the liberals, the people claiming to be more for the people than conservatives, constantly trying to stifle speech?

Fairness Doctrine
    Speaking of God in public square
    Hate speech legislation
    Political Correctness
    The list goes on and on

I can tell you why they struggle to stifle speech. The liberal ideology fails to hold up to logical, rational, and common sense scrutiny. Liberalism can only be successful in a vacuum and in the minds of nonproductive people/institutions.

7. Great White Rat says:

Hmmm…if the boss is away, does that mean the rest of us can run loose creating mischief here??? >:)

Relax and take care of yourself, ST…you’ve more than earned some time off.

Meanwhile…do you remember Hillary’s video searching for a campaign song?

This will give you a good laugh. Candace Brown imitates Hillary’s fake, insincere mannerisms beautifully. And the list of song suggestions is a riot. ;)

LOL :) That was hilarious GWR. – Lorica

9. arcman says:

Fairness Doctrine
    Speaking of God in public square
    Hate speech legislation
    Political Correctness
    The list goes on and on

Comment by Mekan @ 7/1/2007 – 8:12 am

As I have said on this blog and others, it is time that we begin to call liberals by their proper name and that is Leftists. There is nothing liberal about the modern American Left. By and large, as conservatives, we are much more “liberal” than the Left will ever be. There is no progress in Progressive thinking. We are the “pro-choice” party. In terms of children, choose to have the baby; choose to be for adoption. In retirement, choose to take care of ourselves; choose to save, instead of relying on Social Security; in education, choose what schools we want our children to attend; public, private, or home schooled. These are just a few. The American left stifles speech, because they are only interested in their dream of a socialist/communist and multicultural state.

Sis, I hope you’re feeling better.

10. steve says:

Yarr, turn into your hammock. See you on deck at six bells Monday morning.