US Olympic men’s relay swim team kicks French bootie

Posted by: ST on August 11, 2008 at 9:06 am

The French men’s relay swim team had been talking smack this weekend about how they were going to “smash” the American team.  The US team was not favored to win the 4×100-meter freestyle relay final  … but they did, edging out the French last night by a fingertip and setting a new world record in classic fashion.

Caption: Members of the U.S. relay team show their medals during an awarding ceremony after setting a world record to win the men’s 4×100-meter freestyle relay final in the National Aquatics Center at the Beijing 2008 Olympics in Beijing, Monday, Aug. 11, 2008. They are from left: Cullen Jones, Jason Lezak, Michael Phelps and Garrett Weber-Gale. (AP Photo/Thomas Kienzle)

USA! USA!  **==

6 Responses to “US Olympic men’s relay swim team kicks French bootie”

Comments

Jason Lezak?? I think he owes me 50 bucks!!! =)) Grats Guys, We are all very impressed with what our team is doing in Beijing. – Lorica

2. yo says:

They should’ve had some freedom fries to offer the frenchmen at the awards podium.=))

3. Bachbone says:

The French coaches should send their loudmouthed swimmer to the Russian front. Any rookie knows you don’t give your opponents any greater incentive to beat you than they already have.

4. Galen says:

I just finished my 3rd trip to Vietnam. The French tourists there are just as childishly rude as the olympic swimmers. Thanks for the loss Frogs.:d

5. NC Cop says:

The AP has just announced that the arrogant and callous actions of the Americans, with complete disregard for the peace loving french swim team, will cause us to lose face worldwide. Obama has stated that this is exactly the sort of thing he talks about when he says he wants to get the U.S. back to “the way it was”.

How dare we win this!!!! What was President Bush thinking?!?!?!?

6. That was the best race ever! When Lezak hit the wall for the final leg I knew he was going ot catch him I started screaming go get him! I hope that wasn’t politically incorrect of me.