Watch for it

Posted by: ST on October 7, 2008 at 11:54 pm

Wanna guess what card the Obama campaign may be playing with this one?

Barack Obama’s campaign immediately highlighted a singular moment in Tuesday’s presidential debate when John McCain sought to criticize Barack Obama for supporting the 2007 Bush-Cheney energy bill:

“It was an energy bill on the floor of the Senate, loaded down with goodies, billions for the oil companies, and it was sponsored by Bush and Cheney,” McCain said. “You know who voted for it? You might never know. That one. You know who voted against it? Me.”

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton immediately emailed reporters noting McCain’s seemingly peculiar reference to the Illinois senator.

“Did John McCain just refer to Obama as ‘that one?’ Burton asked.

Is that a leading question or what? It’s practically begging the media to make accusations of racism (as they are already doing), or at the very least, encouraging them via implication to ask McCain what he meant by it in order to make it an “issue.” Otherwise, why bring it up? They wouldn’t bring it up if they thought it “that one” was a slam on Obama’s few years in the Senate (they’ve heard it all before, I’m sure). So what else does that leave?

I tell you, the higher-ups in the Obama campaign are slicker than Bill Clinton, and more despicable – if that’s humanly possible.

12 Responses to “Watch for it”

Comments

1. Jeanie says:

And where has the outrage been from the left, particularily from Obama’s camp , when Liz Trotta referred to Trig Palin as “it”.

I can’t stand their hypocrisy. Oh don’t dare say even one thing that displeases “the numero zero” but by all means it’s ok to demean, and degrade an innocent baby.

2. Kimberly says:

They’re just upset because McCain didn’t use his real name … The One. Silly, McCain. It’s not THAT one, it’s THE one. :d

3. Independent in CT says:

If all you bloggers want to be heard a little more, go to CNN.com and MSNBC and vote on the poll for last nite’s debate.

4. benning says:

I dunno if I’d agree that they’re slicker than the Clintonistas were. Seems to me the Obamaists are clumsy and obvious. The real difference is the total surrender of the MSM to the Left.

Reportage is dead in American journalism.

5. Steve Skubinna says:

How best to respond to these stupid charges? With contempt, I think, and dismissively. McCain should say something like “Has anyone ever noticed that when Senator Obama doesn’t want to discuss a topic, he or his surrogates declare it ‘racist?’ Race has been brought up many times in this campaign, Senator – and always by you and your campaign.”

And then McCain should go on and address whichever point he was making before the reflexive race baiters threw down the card.

Or maybe an even shorter response, made classic by Reagan: “There you go again.”

6. Maybe we should have a drinking game: if Obama wins, down a shot of your favorite poison for every time some Obamaton plays the race card.

“Anesthetized” might be the best way to spend the next for years. :o)

7. Leslie says:

Race card, schmace card. Like it or not that “that one” probably will be seen as the turning point in the election if McCain loses narrowly.

My grandmother, as she got older and couldn’t remember names, used “that one” to refer to somebody she didn’t like much.

McCain blew it. That is all.

If Mac loses this race because he said “that one” then America is lost and beyond saving. This was not John McCain’s macaca moment. It was simply a gentleman’s version of trash talking. He was trying not to make it personal.

Leslie you might also be right about McCain’s age in comparison to your dear Grandmother. – Lorica

9. Leslie says:

Lorica,

Thanks for your comment. I feel better now.

Seems the MSM is really pushing the “that one” comment. Rush has several sound bites from the drive bys on how they are trying to whip up the outrage. LOL These guys think they have another macaca moment. Thank God for the drive by media. =)) – Lorica

My pleasure. :)

12. MissJean says:

I laughed when he said that. My father (73) and my neighbours (83 and 65 respectively) use “that one” when singling out a trouble maker, too!

Besides, I think it was much nicer than if Mr. McCain had said, “That lying %&*(#$&”, which is what it looked like he wanted to say.