Philly Inquirer columnist: White people shouldn’t be allowed to vote

Posted by: ST on October 27, 2008 at 11:28 am

Imagine if the headline on this opinion piece were written just a little differently, say, with the word “white” deleted and replaced with the word “black.” What do you think the reaction would be? :-?

(Hat tip: ST reader GWR)

10 Responses to “Philly Inquirer columnist: White people shouldn’t be allowed to vote”

Comments

1. Jeff Tyler says:

Or if McCain were to urge toddlers to ask their parents to vote for him…
    Obama’s official site has now a section that explictly targets kids age 12 and under, urging them to ask their parents and grandparents to vote for him. The same age group is protected by regulations even when it comes to marketing of products like candies and cereal.

LINK

2. forest hunter says:

The blatant hypocrisy constantly on display is indicative of the self-inflicted bath of stupid these progressive liberals are immersed in and committed to. Facts be damned! It’s about the narrative and false premise, that fertilize the lies and false promises this kind of manure full of weed will, does and has produced.

Sad when I witness personal character being traded for whatever *feel good/do nothing positive* inherent with this cult of slackers, this twisted faction has created.

3. SpideyTerry says:

Philly Inquirer columnist: White people shouldn’t be allowed to vote

And I believe brain-dead morons shouldn’t be allowed to write for newspapers. Of course, if they followed that policy, that Inquirer hack and so many others would’ve been fired long ago.

4. Steve Skubinna says:

The guy’s trying to make a splash, like so many others on the left (and sad to say, like Ann Coulter likes to do from the right). Much of modern leftism consists of arm waving and shrill cries of “Look at meeeee!”

See also, the moron with Sarah Palin hanging in effigy. Because it’s “edgy” and apparently amusing.

5. Leslie says:

I agree with Steve. Obviously the writer is trying to be edgy, saying “look at me.” But it doesn’t work.

6. nottydreads (aka "This One") says:

The Philly Inquirer:

White people shouldn’t be allowed to vote
    It’s for the good of the country and for those who’re bitter for a reason and armed because they’re scared.

Jonathan Valania

is editor in chief of the blog Phawker.com

As a lifelong Caucasian, I am beginning to think the time has finally come to take the right to vote away from white people, at least until we come to our senses. Seriously, I just don’t think we can be trusted to exercise it responsibly anymore.
    ———————
    GWR:

*******************************************************
    Why the hell does Black people even belong in this “self-inflicted wound to your own psyche?”

Dude, if you just want to piss yourself off at a “generic” black juxtaposition, look only a little further. It shouldn’t be hard to find. WE say and do all sorts of dumb isht that you will be able to actually attach to a real black person. Some of it even leaves me wanting to kick my own ass, sometimes.

But please, don’t “help” your cause by pulling crap like “this” outta your butt. It’s not necessary!

7. notty – GWR didn’t write that line. I did. Would you rewrite your post in a way that makes sense?

8. Great White Rat says:

Notty, it’s true I didn’t write that line. When I first read this piece of drivel, my first thought was “an idiot wrote this”. Idiots come in all colors, and I knew this is a caucasian idiot when I sent the link to ST. My emphasis in on idiot, not caucasian.

That said, ST has asked a good question. If an idiot wrote an article for a major daily newspaper demanding that black people should be denied the right to vote because they aren’t likely to vote for McCain, it would be in the MSM headlines the next day. Both McCain and Palin would have to spend time condemning the moron and disavowing his support, and even then outfits like the NYT would assign resources to dig into the idiot’s background, hoping to find some connection to the GOP ticket. That isn’t happening in this case, which is precisely the point of ST’s question.

Hope that clears this up for you.