Tuesday open thread

Posted by: ST on October 28, 2008 at 10:51 am

I’ll be back later this afternoon/evening, ya’ll.

Update – 7:25 PM: I’m getting a bit of a late start tonight. Tomorrow will probably be about the same, unfortunately. Back in about half an hour.

9 Responses to “Tuesday open thread”

Comments

So let’s start today’s open thread with a joke from Frank Luntz:

Pollster Frank Luntz, a regular guest on the Fox News, joked that MSNBC is “the only network with more letters in its name than viewers.”

HAHAHAHAHA This is probably truer than most of us realize. :o) – Lorica

2. NC Cop says:

Yet another reason why everyone should fear the United Nations and any American administration which bows to it:

U.N. Peacekeepers, Soldiers Retreat as Rebels Advance in Congo

KILIMANYOKA, Congo — Rebels advanced toward Congo’s eastern provincial capital of 600,000 people Tuesday, sending tens of thousands of terrified civilians into a makeshift shelter as Congolese troops and U.N. tanks retreated.

In Kibati, a few miles from the front line, young men lobbed rocks Tuesday at three U.N. tanks also heading away from the battlefield. The U.N. has 17,000 U.N. peacekeepers in Congo — the biggest mission in the world.

Biggest mission in the world, which is why it is the biggest screw up in the world. Has anyone noticed that the Iraq war has basically been won sooner and more efficiently than Afghanistan? What’s the main difference between Iraq and Afghanistan again?

Oh, THAT’S right, Afghanistan is a U.N. mission while Iraq is a U.S. mission.

“What are they doing? They are supposed to protect us,” said Jean-Paul Maombi, a 31-year-old nurse from Kibumba.

May God be with you, young lady. May I suggest that you RUN!!!

3. NC Cop says:

Absolutely un-freakin-believable!!!

Judge: Ohio Homeless Voters Can List Park Benches as Addresses

A federal judge in Ohio has ruled that counties must allow homeless voters to list park benches and other locations that aren’t buildings as their addresses.

U.S. District Judge Edmund Sargus also ruled that provisional ballots can’t be invalidated because of poll worker errors.

Three guesses as to who appointed Sargus????

That’s right, it’s none other than slick Willy himself!!!!

What corruption? What election rigging??

Preposterous.

Oh well, I guess I’ll pack my raggedy clothes and head up to Ohio to vote 20 or 30 times.

4. Charlie says:

Selfishly, I’m announcing my “contribution” to the “change” movement. I obtained a flat tire via a series of half a dozen home-made spikes left near the driveway of a neighbor who has a huge McCain/Palin sign hanging on their fence. I had no idea that “change” would mean changing my tires.

I doubt things will get nicer between now and next Tuesday.

5. nottydreads (aka "This One") says:

I feel your pain, Charlie. As an Obama-Biden supporter here in Upstate South Carolina who shows his support with 2 bumper stickers and a window decal, I probably have one of only a very few 2006 model pick-up trucks, not used as a work truck, that’s in serious need of a paint job.

6. forest hunter says:

I don’t condone the actions Charlie and notty but, you should consider that cheap compared to what’s coming, if you get your wish.

I find it odd that a guy who made 4 million dollars last year, and wants us to believe that he will help us, can’t even spend a few bucks to take care of his own family.

LINK

Found in a rundown Boston estate: Barack Obama’s aunt Zeituni Onyango

Maybe she can use her park bench as an address to vote from. – Lorica

8. NC Cop says:

I cannot begin to tell you how much this pisses me off!!!

Italy Reportedly Warned Libya of 1986 U.S. Airstrikes

ROME — The Italian government gave Libya early warning of the 1986 U.S. airstrikes launched in response to a deadly attack on a disco in Germany, Libyan and Italian officials said Thursday.

“I don’t think I am revealing a secret if I announce that Italy informed us a day before — April 14, 1986 — that there would be an American aggression against Libya,” the agencies quoted Shalgam as saying.

Shalgam was quoted as saying that the United States launched a strike from a NATO base on Lampedusa, a tiny Sicilian island close to the African coast, “against the will of the Italian government.”

Absolutely unreal. What if several of our pilots had been killed by Libyan air defense forces who were prepared??? Thank God they weren’t.

That’s ok Italy, you don’t have to worry about reprisals from the U.S., but we never forget when you put our military men and women in harm’s way….we NEVER forget.

NC, and yet KaDaffy let his own Son die in that attack. What a bunch of lowlife pukes!!!! We should invade Italy, just for being a bunch of idiots. – Lorica