More on the McCain-Palin campaign infighting

Posted by: ST on November 7, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Last night on her CNN show “No Bias, No Bull,” Campbell Brown went off on the anonymous sources in the McCain campaign who are trying to trash Gov. Sarah Palin, noting that some of the allegations being reported were “patently false”:

They are the top advisers to John McCain’s failed campaign and they are desperate to find someone to blame for their long, long list of mistakes. They have been launching grenades at Palin and her supporters. CNN has found some of their allegations to be patently false.

You will hear people say, “This is what always happens with a losing campaign,” and hopefully, this is the last time we will be talking about these people. But what they have done just in the last few days to save their own skins is worth a final comment.

To those top McCain advisers who leaked the little story about seeing Sarah Palin in a towel; to those who called her and her family “Wasilla hillbillies” while using her to stoke class warfare with red meat speeches and an anti-elitist message; to those who claim she didn’t know Africa was a continent; to those McCain aides who say she is the reason they lost this election: Can I please remind you of one thing? You picked her.

View the video here (it starts around the 2:15 mark):

It’s too bad we don’t know for sure the names of these people, because if we did perhaps we could ask them if the trouncing we got in 2006 was Gov. Palin’s fault, too.

Oh, and I agree with others who are saying McCain should step out front and center to defend her from these reports.

9 Responses to “More on the McCain-Palin campaign infighting”

Comments

1. Mwalimu Daudi says:

Campbell Brown has her panties in a wad over Sarah Palin allegedly stroking “class warfare” with “red meat speeches”. Gee – Democrats have not ever done that since … well, a few minutes ago. Or maybe it was as long as an hour ago. Practically a geological age.

BTW: When will CNN and the rest of the MSM apologize for investigating Bristol and Trig Palin more thoroughly than the Chosen One? Probably about the time the oceans are lowered….

2. Great White Rat says:

Probably about the time the oceans are lowered….

But hasn’t Obama done that already? I mean, he did promise…

Oh wait…it was the stock market he lowered, not the oceans. My bad.

3. Kimberly says:

Ugh. Brown is such a partisan hack. She tries but fails to be a journalist. Hey, did you hear Indiana will mostly stay RED? Votes are still being counted and Mac up by 100,000 votes according to Sec of State.

4. Leslie says:

Good grief, people! Campbell Brown says precisely what needed to be said about the maltreatment of Sarah Palin, and you call her a partisan hack?

Get. A. Grip.

All I have to say about this is… Monkey See, Monkey Do. The Mainstream News Media trashed Sarah Palin over every stupid idea under the heavens, so or course the like minded lefties who were guiding Mac would do the same. My problem is that the some of the people who are defending her now, were trashing her not so long ago. That ain’t right. – Lorica

6. SpideyTerry says:

Well, of course it was. I bet she’s also to blame for every time I ever oversleep, got stuck in traffic, failed a test or missed a TV show I wanted to see. It’s the only logical explanation, right?

;))

Anonymous people smearing Palin = ~:>

7. Mwalimu Daudi says:

Campbell Brown says precisely what needed to be said about the maltreatment of Sarah Palin…

Er, no. Campy simply smeared Palin again by accusing Palin of “stroking class warfare”. Campy was engaged in Standard Operating Procedure for Democrats – accuse your opponents of doing what you do 24/7. How about Lou Dobb’s alleged ‘War on the Middle Class’? I am breathlessly waiting for Campy to have a word or two about that.

Brown’s final comment was nothing more than, “You f*****g rubes picked her, so what is the problem?” Sorry, Leslie, but Campy’s comments were not remotely good enough. Having a CNN hack being only slightly less snotty than usual towards conservatives is not progress.

When I hear Campy hold her CNN colleagues feet to the fire for what they did in the last election I will think about maybe being prepared to consider looking into the possibility of being very slightly impressed. Not before.

8. I strongly believe that Campbell Brown issued a sterling defense of Gov. Palin in the segment I posted, especially when she noted that some of what was being asserted by the campaign higher ups was “patently false” after a CNN investigation was conducted. Not only that, but she said if Palin really was that bad (which she clearly didn’t believe), that the campaign staffers only had themselves to blame for the vetting and handling processes.

This is the best we can expect from CNN, so I’m taking it.

9. Mwalimu Daudi says:

Campy’s comments remind me of the reasoning behind having tough drunk driving laws. Consuming alcohol or using drugs, getting behind the wheel of a car, and then causing an accident does not lessen the guilt – rather, driving while impaired increases guilt. So it is (or should be) with news reporting while under the influence of the Chosen One. Semi-admissions like hers that finger someone else as being the culprit – while ignoring the far worse sins in her own backyard – are worse than useless.

Campy had enough journalistic sense and ability to figure out that what some in the McCain campaign were spreading was false. In other words, she could find out what was actually going on. But she did not apply the same standard to her buddies at CNN or the rest of the MSM, who had been doing similar stuff for far, far longer. Either she is utterly blind to what CNN did, or she prefers to ignore it.

ST, you and I have both have little love for the MSM and its rampant bias and dishonest. The main difference between us (I think) is that I have an ultra-strict radically-intolerant closed-minded in-your-face take-no-prisoners-and-show-no-mercy attitude towards CNN and the rest of the MSM/Democrat Party axis. It does not make me correct, but in the end we must do what we feel is right.