Being political junkies, we tend to do a lot of worrying, debating, and complaining over the year, but Thanksgiving gives us a chance to take a time out to say the “thanks” we sometimes forget to say when we need to.
I am thankful for, among other things,:
- having a loving family & friends
- having a job
- having a warm home
- being in reasonably good health
- having a beautiful kittie who will sometimes sleep at my feet at night (last night, with visions of turkey drums dancing in her head!)
- our troops, who – along with their families – sacrifice so much so this country can remain the most wonderful country in the world
- my awesome readers!
- and last but certainly not least, I am thankful for God, who shows me the way and who shines a light when I’m feeling lost or uncertain about the future.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Update/Related: Via Jules Crittenden: Things To Be Thankful For In A Troubled World