Things to be thankful for

Posted by: ST on November 27, 2008 at 8:56 am

Being political junkies, we tend to do a lot of worrying, debating, and complaining over the year, but Thanksgiving gives us a chance to take a time out to say the “thanks” we sometimes forget to say when we need to.

I am thankful for, among other things,:

- having a loving family & friends
- having a job
- having a warm home
- being in reasonably good health
- having a beautiful kittie who will sometimes sleep at my feet at night (last night, with visions of turkey drums dancing in her head!)
- our troops, who – along with their families – sacrifice so much so this country can remain the most wonderful country in the world
- my awesome readers!
- and last but certainly not least, I am thankful for God, who shows me the way and who shines a light when I’m feeling lost or uncertain about the future.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Update/Related: Via Jules Crittenden: Things To Be Thankful For In A Troubled World

7 Responses to “Things to be thankful for”

Comments

1. Here,here and cheers. Have a pleasant Thanksgiving.

2. Dana says:

We did have a major, major Thanksgiving tragedy. Mrs Pico was working on the pumpkin pies, and didn’t open the can of evaporated milk far enough to see the contents. She started pouring it in, and realized that it had gone bad. Everything had to be thrown away, and there’s no pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. :((

But I’m stuffed anyway!

3. Purple Raider says:

Dana:

Pumpkin Cheesecake! Trust me. you can’t go wrong!:d

4. benning says:

Thanksgiving was very nice, this year, and I trust yours was too!

:d/

5. Tango says:

….did you get a new kitty? b-)

6. Steve Skubinna says:

I’m thankful not to be a constipated duck. Don’t know what it means, but it’s a terrific tune by Jeff Beck (from the Blow By Blow album), and I expect it’s much better to listen to than to be one

What? Don’t you guys follow the Thanksgiving tradition of listening to Jeff Beck?

Sorry Steve, around here we listen to Robin Trower. =)) Bridge of sighs CD.

Thanksgiving was very good. My two Brothers, both Dems, had to make sure I knew they were very happy that Obama won the election. :) I just laughed at them. Then told them just how petty it was to gloat, especially at a family holiday function. It shut them up pretty quickly. WHy these people are so proud of electing a person that are clueless about is very odd behavior.

I am so glad to hear your Thanksgivings all went so well. I gave extra Thanks for knowing you all, especially you Dear. – Lorica