Obama’s director of speechwriting caught in, er, compromising position

Posted by: ST on December 5, 2008 at 2:20 pm

… or something like that, anyway. Wonder how well this photo will sit with the Hillary Clintonites/PUMA crowd?

I’m sure it was harmless fun, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why in the world people – especially those in a position of influence, “rising star” types, and the like – post things at places like Facebook that could come back to bite them in the a** later.

7 Responses to “Obama’s director of speechwriting caught in, er, compromising position”

Comments

1. Ooops! l-)

I wonder how long we’ll have to wait for the inevitable teary-eyed apology and hollow professions of admiration for Lady Macbeth …er… Hillary.

2. Could there be a replacement director of speechwriting in Obama’s future?

From your WaPo link, ‘A transition official said that Favreau had “reached out to Senator Clinton to offer an apology.” ‘

Favreau did enough ‘reaching out’ already. One gaffe follows another with the O transition.

Hail Caesar

3. Severian says:

I think it’s a combination of stupidity, lack of maturity, and the toxic meaningless self esteem (everyone is special!) taught in school that results in this kind of narcissistic “look at me!” craving that these dolts have. Everyone younger than a certain age wants their 15 min, they seem to crave visibility and attention like some kind of child. “Look at me Mommy! Look at meeee!”

Further evidence that liberals never grow up and become adults.

4. Trish says:

They don’t care, you know. That’s what’s scary–this stuff doesn’t embarrass them.

5. Leslie says:

Not “Macbeth,” but “Much Ado About Nothing.” And I’m certainly amused to see with Hillary’s ascension to Secretary of State, it’s back to “Lady Macbeth” and no doubt we shall soon see “Hildebeeste” and god help us “Hitlery.” The slack the cultists cut her when she opposed Obama is now over, apparently.

Sev, a grown-up if ever there was one, has it right: this is a narcissistic age. Everybody wants their “look at me” moment; some never do grow up.

Unfortunately, as the anti-Hillary comments show, that failure to grow up does not apply solely to the left.

6. SpideyTerry says:

Because people on Facebook aren’t too bright. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna check out my Facebook account. ;)

7. Steve Skubinna says:

Why do people video themselves committing crimes and put it on Facebook? Because their narcissism overwhelms their intelligence. This clown thought he was being funny, that his side would win, that Hillary was cast into the wilderness forever, that the world of November 5 would be entirely disconnected from the one of the 4th, and that he’d never have to account for his boorish behavior.

Sad thing is, he’s probably right, on the last count. A few mumbled words and he’s clean.