Sunday/Monday Open Thread – PLUS: Palin fights back!

Posted by: ST on July 5, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Hey ya’ll – just a heads up: I was off work Weds and Thurs last week, so I know I’ll be buried under tomorrow when I return. Not sure when I’ll be able to blog Monday but it’ll probably be in the evening.

In the meantime, let me know what’s on your mind and I will check in when I can. And, as always, Memeorandum is on top of what’s hot, happening, and being discussed in the blogosphere.

Last but not least: Palin fights backhard – against bogus media smears and rumors (via Don Surber). It’s about danged time!

7 Responses to “Sunday/Monday Open Thread – PLUS: Palin fights back!”

Comments

1. Neo says:

Interesting point of view on Obama-care ..

Will the creation of a government insurer end the “keep government off my body” justification for the “right to an abortion” ?

2. arcman says:

I’m hoping that Palin hits them and hits them hard. One of the most frustrating things about the Bush administration is that Bush allowed the Democrats to lie, and smear him, and set the agenda, to the point that lots of people started believing the lies. We got Obama because Bush refused to hit back. Hopefully Palin will pull this off.

3. jann says:

Sarah is one smart cookie, and that’s why I admire her. She sure makes the crazy people come out of the woodwork. Look what she did to poor Maureen Dowd, she turned into Perez Hilton. Lets hope karma hits her the same way it hit Perez. I can’t wait for the end of the month when we get to see the real Sarah fight for our great nation! When that happens I for one will be by her side. God Bless you Sarah!

4. KG says:

I’m with you, Jann. I am one who KNEW that her resignation was not giving up or giving in…she hasn’t ‘lost it’ like some in the media or even on conservative blogs believe. She is just starting to FIGHT, and I can’t wait to see how hard the blows come.

The RINO-type Republican is weak and ineffectual because s/he wants to ‘get along’ with everyone and be liked by everybody. Guess what? Nobody likes a weak leader! Nobody likes a leader who won’t speak the TRUTH and come out on the offensive.

Sarah Palin is the kind of person we need…and of all things A WOMAN! I see great things coming at the end of July. And I’ll be cheering loudly for her, giving her monetary support if I can, anything to keep this woman battling for the America we used to be!

As one who has written at least borderline scurrilous comments, I say to Sarah, Go for it! Let’s just see where the First Amendment takes this in relation to the internet.

I, for one, hope she sues and wins, and puts some of the hate sites out of business. Attacking her for her stands and (real) record is one thing, but attacking with lies, half-truths and full deceptions is despicable.

And good point, Neo. That will probably fall under “Until it affects me personally”.

6. Great White Rat says:

Just to get away from the Sarah Palin topic for a moment, did you see this?

France cuts VAT for restaurants

Yep, the French are slashing some taxes…by over 70%. They have this crazy idea that lower taxes will actually result in more jobs and economic growth. Maybe that’s because that’s what has happened every time it’s been tried in human history.

Question: do you think anything about appreciating “Europe’s leading role in the world” will be on Obama’s teleprompter when he finds out about this??

First they convert to mostly nuclear power, and now they’re cutting taxes. Good grief….the French are actually smarter than us in some areas. :o

GWR, it’s not that they’re smarter than us (after all, within 10 years it will be a muslim-majority country), it’s just that their leader is an actual leader who can learn from history and isn’t a complete and mindless socialist blob like ours is.