Rasmussen: 2012 potential presidential match-ups

Posted by: ST on July 20, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Very interesting, considering the the blaze of glory President Obama rode in on earlier this year:

If the 2012 presidential election were held today, President Obama and possible Republican nominee Mitt Romney would be all tied up at 45% each, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

The president, seeking a second four-year term, beats another potential GOP rival, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, by six points – 48% to 42%.

In both match-ups, seven percent (7%) like some other candidate, with three percent (3%) undecided.

Is El Presidente in trouble already? Sure looks like it.

9 Responses to “Rasmussen: 2012 potential presidential match-ups”

Comments

1. Ron Russell says:

Polls that far in advance of an event are about as useful as a match in a hurricane. I’ll have to wait on this one.

2. anonymous says:

Romney won’t get the nominee in 2012. He lost the 2008 primary election. He is not conservative.

3. CZ says:

Don’t count Emperor Obummer out so soon.

He has yet to fully play his “Chicago Deathstar” card. The one that summons ACORN, the unions and his leftist base clone army to purge the galaxy. It’s a very dark and powerful force to be reckoned with.

Where’s our Yoda and young Luke when we need them? These polls are dubious to say the least :-?

4. Great White Rat says:

I agree with Ron. I trust no polls of this type this far in advance of the actual election. I don’t even trust the polls here in NJ that have Chris Christie stomping Corzine, and that election is only 3 1/2 months away.

I’d only start to pay attention if Obama’s personal favorability rating goes upside-down. That would be more significant than any Obama vs. Romney poll taken now.

You don’t trust the polls? Heck, anymore I don’t even trust the election results in most cases! Especially in places like Washington and wherever OakNuts operate.

6. Carol says:

Sweet Jesus! Could it be … could it be that the American people are slowly waking up and seeing this fraud for what he is? I’m not holding my breath, sad to say. Too many so-called friends/acquaintenances have let me down.

7. anonymous says:

Palin won’t run for President in 2012.

Bet your wrong there Anon. The left can’t continue attack her and not eventually look stupid to all. With each of her victories, she will gain momentum, and she will roll right in for 2012. – Lorica