Never forget to say “thank you”

Posted by: ST on August 25, 2009 at 9:59 pm

This video demonstrates how easy it is to thank our troops when we see them – without saying a word, no matter how “busy” we think we are (via K-Lo):

Our troops deserve our gratitude and support now and always. They are a constant reminder that our freedoms are not free.

And speaking of, Iraq, of course, is still on wobbly footing with pockets that are still dangerous, and the violence is escalating in Afghanistan with this year being the worst in terms of coalition casualties. Please remember our fighting men and women in your thoughts and prayers tonight and every night.

5 Responses to “Never forget to say “thank you””

Comments

With Obama’s deficits skyrocketing out of control like a scud missile, the drumbeat from the leftists and fascists now starting is to cut and run from both Iraq and Afghanistan. I’m sure that, being the dedicated America-loving president he is our glorious leader will find it oh, so easy to do that.

Can’t find budget cuts cutting out-of-control departments that the Constitution says the guvmint has no business in? Nah.

And don’t worry, sir, your fellowtravelers in the middle east will take care of any thoughts of either country becoming working democracies.

2. MAJ Julie Simoni says:

Sister Toldjah,
    Thank you for posting the Gratitude Campaign YouTube link.
    I am an active duty Army JAG officer, and have been thanked by Americans in airplanes, subways, restaurants, and churches. The one greeting that I will never forget is when I was coming back from Iraq in November 2003 while assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. The airplane landed first in Maine before heading home. There was a veteran’s group there greeting us, shaking our hands, providing snacks and cell phones to call home. I was not prepared for the emotions I felt then, so I ran into the bathroom to have a good cry. I hadn’t had one in some time. Looking back on it now, I realize that started my healing process.
    I am so grateful for the out-pouring of love from Americans. The United States is the best country in the world! Thank you! Thank you for caring. Thank you for giving. Thank you for not forgetting US Service men and women are still in harm’s way. Thank you.

MAJ Julie A. Simoni
    Student, Command and General Staff College
    US Army Combined Arms Center
    Fort Leavenworth, KS

Even though this is my own view, and I cannot not speak on behalf of the Department of the Army, DOD, or the US government, I’m sure no one working within these organization would disagree with my response.

3. Jo says:

My husband and I try to thank them for their service–I even thanked a group of state troopers at a restaurant the other day for their service.

The question is, where are the Bush-hating war protesters now that Barry the Splay-Eared One is in power and yet more troops have been deployed and war wages on? Mighty quiet now, arent’ they? Guess they no longer have compassion for our troops.

4. Carol says:

I was one of those who wanted to say thank you, but because I’m a very emotional person, I’d start choking up and crying before I could get the words out. I would, however, at least smile.

Then this past Christmas at an airport my husband and I decided while we were waiting for our flight to get a bunch of $20 bills and start passing them out, a small gesture for a meal or a cup of coffee. I caught a few soldiers off guard and stuffed the $20 in their hand and ran off. Then we learned that the soldiers are not allowed to accept gifts. I didn’t understand at first but now do understand. It’s just protocol.

But we did make a few soldiers smile and lost count of how many $20 bills we gave out. It was the best Christmas ever!

God bless our troops, their families and loved ones and God bless America!

5. Eric says:

This is great … It’s like a civilian “salute.” I just hope it doesn’t go the way of “Have a good day!”