Friday Open Thread

Posted by: ST on September 11, 2009 at 1:56 pm

9-11 flag

A rain-soaked American flag flies at half-staff on Sept. 11, 2009, at the Pentagon Memorial to honor the 125 people who were killed in the 2001 terror attacks when the highjacked American Airlines flight 125 was flown into the headquarters of America's military, in Arlington, Va., just outside Washington.
(AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

5 Responses to “Friday Open Thread”

Comments

1. cullen says:

“I just got married and was waking up to get off to college while finishing my last year in journalism. My wife called and said “turn on the television”. I did, and the second plane had not hit yet. When I got to college, as I walked up to the television studio in the Basket Ball Arena my professor walked out, and with the sun reflecting off the domed arena a shadow threw his hands up and hollered, “Go home and turn on the television…This is your Pearl Harbor” That is why I built this site. Joe Burns was his name.”

I found this on LINK pretty cool opinions there…

Cullen

2. NC Cop says:

Hey look!!

Obama’s decided its time to piss off the Chinese!!!!

Obama Administration Slaps Tariffs on Chinese Auto Imports

WASHINGTON — President Obama has slapped punitive tariffs on all car and light truck tires entering the United States from China in a decision that could anger the strategically important Asian powerhouse but placate union supporters important to his health care push at home.

What could go wrong?!?!??!

I just found a report on Drudge that two pro-life activists were murdered this morning. Gosh, you know that’s strange. I watched our local noon news, our local evening news and national evening news, and there wasn’t so much as a whisper about any of this.

Of course you know if it had been a pro-lifer killing an abortion supporter or doctor it would have been on the news three minutes before it happened.

Double standard? Golly, it’s hard to tell, isn’t it?

And as far as remembering, remember this: Duh-1 desecrated the Pentagon site just by visiting it today because he’s such an ardent supporter of the Kumbaya-with-the-muslims crowd. Chew on that for a while.

Now the news is reporting only the first killing was because of anti-abortion/pro-life activity. It will be interesting to see if the second was just a run-of-the-mill murder or a specific target because of pro-life activity.

Does this news suprise anyone??? Slobodon Blagovich’s witnesses are suddenly starting to “kill themselves”…. reminds me of all those “arkencides” of the 90s. These guys know just how bad the “Chicago Way” of politics can get. I hate living in this puke state. Chicago really does ruin a perfectly good state. – Lorica

LINK