Thursday Open Thread

Posted by: ST on October 22, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Having another busy afternoon. Will check back in later.

FYI, I had another visit to the doctor’s office this morning. This week, I have just been wiped out – sometimes during the day, and sometimes when I come home at night. It’s like I can’t lay down on the couch fast enough. Last night I hardly slept because I had a really bad coughing fit just before I went to bed. I was concerned about the fatigue and lingering cough, and wanted the doctor to take a look at me to make sure I was ok and that I hadn’t developed a bacterial infection after what I went through with the swine flu. The good news is she told me that I am fine and that I need to be patient and let the recovery process take its course. The bad news is it can sometimes take weeks til you’re fully back to your old self. So please bear with me as some days blogging may be light (as it has been this week) as I try and fully get back into the game.

Like most people, once I was feeling better I wanted to dive head first into everything to catch up, but you can’t do that. You have to take it easy and still get your rest. Some of us have to learn the hard way ;)

11 Responses to “Thursday Open Thread”

Comments

1. Brontefan says:

Gosh…take it easy, ST. R & R is essential!
    I caught a news story this a.m. about Cheney’s speech last night and noted that the OB administration did not design a completely “new” policy for Afghanistan; they used the Bush policy but kept it under wraps! What is with this guy, anyway? He can’t vote “present” on Afghansitan; we need support for our brave fighting men and women ASAP. Am I the only one thinking this guy is a phony?

It is all good Dear, you take whatever time you need to get better, we will be here waiting for you. >:d<

Bronte, let me raise my hand to that. Trust me you are not alone. – Lorica

3. Severian says:

Take care of yourself ST, it will take a while to recover, I’m amazed you’re as up as you are. Last bad bug I caught late last year was terrible, I had a cough that lasted almost 2 months. I thought it was never going to go away.

Rest, don’t exert yourself, lots of hot showers/baths and hot tea with honey (and bourbon!). ;)

4. Great White Rat says:

Lorica’s right. You’re not getting rid of us that easily. ;)

Get the rest and nourishment you need. I’m sure Steve and Anthony can keep the usual collection of miscreants here under control. Well, mostly… >:)

TALK ABOUT A TRANSFERRENCE PROBLEM!!!

LINK

I am sorry Mr. President, the largest group of mind numbed robots on the planet right now IS the present Democrat party. – Lorica

6. Thanks, y’all – fortunately, I do feel like blogging – I’ll just be blogging a little less. Gotta watch the blood pressure level ;)

7. Miranda says:

I had a very severe cold at the end of September and early October, and after a week, I was well enough to get back to work, but that cough is just now going away. I was worried, too. I think it just takes a long time. Take good care of yourself.

8. nina says:

I hope you feel better soon! Will pray for u.

9. Kate says:

Take it e-e-e-a-a-s-s-y-y-y Sister! If you get back into it too soon you WILL relapse into something worse!!! I will say a little prayer,too!

Lorica—loved the link! What a scurvy dog! And he does go into that Southern Baptist mode quite often in front of a friendly crowd…wonder if he learned that from all the years he ignored Rev. Wright?

10. Neo says:

Read it and weep …

The public option would effectively be just another insurance plan offered on the open market. It would likely be administered by a private insurance provider, charging premiums and copayments like any other policy.

The only real difference is that it would have the deep pockets and stable of lawyers of the federal government at it’s disposal, so it could engage in “dumping” with no fear of economic repercussions, no fear of anti-trust.

It’s pretty hard to go to court with the folks who make the laws.