Tues. Open Thread

Posted by: ST on March 23, 2010 at 11:23 am

As I understand it, the President is supposed to be signing healthcare “reform” into law within minutes. Can’t bear to watch it.

Be back in a little bit …

6 Responses to “Tues. Open Thread”

Comments

1. Kate says:

I just turned off the TV. I have work to do as I just got back for Tuesday Morning Bible Study….what a blessing!

My prayer is that God is going to use all this nonsense to prove a point…don’t trust elected officials as far as you can throw them…Trust God…he can raise up rulers and bring down kings!

2. ZippyTheWerewolf says:

I’m so distressed about this whole thing. My heart of hearts is destroyed believing that this could have happened in this country. I’m spitting bullets right now. Most people I speak with are in agreement. He didn’t listen. It’s all about HIM. He is arrogant beyond belief. So proud of himself. So proud at his hand of destruction. He’s an animal. An ignorant ignorant idiot.

3. Tex says:

History has taught that this is the way many socialists have taken over a country using the democratic elective process to gain power, then force their agenda on the people. Look at Iran and Venezuela for the most recent examples. We’re Venezuela about 4 years ago. Soon the Liberals will try to codify laws that punish criticism of their policies as Chavez is doing. And they might even have a try at finding some way to make it harder for competing political parties to enter candidates in elections as they have done in Iran. Socialists are a cancer on society.

4. Sefton says:

Tex – And the infuriating thing is that we have nearly half of our own citizens who are fine with this. Sometimes I want to grab one and yell “Do you think this is a game?! It’s about the future of our once free nation, you imbecile!”
    Like Zippy, I’m still hot under the collar about this. Everyone, PLEASE keep the fire stoked through November. We’ve got to correct this travesty before it’s too late.

5. Quite by accident, I saw a portion of the signing ceremony. Maybe it’s just me, but Obama sure seemed proud of himself and just a bit smug.:(

6. ZippyTheWerewolf says:

@ Tarheel ..no it’s not just your perception. He is cocky to say the least, and that is exactly why I couldn’t watch the ceremony. His pomposity, his arrogance, his insolence and those of his unamerican posse, disgust me. He thinks he can change the rules to his liking and get away with it?

There’s a new hope and change in town which include people like us, as if waking up for the first time, taking control of the gift of freedom we took for granted for so long.