Quote of the Week: Bono on Bill Clinton

Posted by: ST on April 30, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Bill Clinton made the “Time 100″ issue and what better person to write him a love note but fellow celebrity/rock star Bono?

There are professors who pretend to be populists and populists who pretend to be professors. But there have never been a head and heart so perfectly matched as the pair within William Jefferson Clinton. It’s an impossible equilibrium: wonky intellectual meets “Oh, hell” card player, oxygen and hydrogen. He defies the laws of physics as his daily exercise, but without him the universe just wouldn’t be as friendly to humans.

And this is not the first time Bono has deified Bubba.

I’m a huge fan of U2 but honestly there are times when I wish Bono would just shut the heck up.

This is how I would always like to remember U2:

Sigh …

12 Responses to “Quote of the Week: Bono on Bill Clinton”

Comments

1. Drew says:

“It’s an impossible equilibrium: wonky intellectual meets “Oh, hell” card player, oxygen and hydrogen. He defies the laws of physics as his daily exercise, but without him the universe just wouldn’t be as friendly to humans.”

tfffffffoot, ttfffooot………ahhh. Take another toke, Bono.

I left this vapid dreck years ago.

2. Kate says:

IMHO….Bono stick with music. Seems to me you are a pretty poor judge of character. Adultery is okay, lying that’s okay..and how many other great acts are you overlooking….

Oh, yeah, bow down to your god…
    :o

3. Dana says:

Now you know what I feel like, liking the Dixie Chicks!

4. Jo says:

Idiots will gravitate towards one another and create a mutual fan club of self-admiration.

5. Rock stars and actors who support Democrats I think do so because they think they care more about people. It’s a way they have of letting all their fans, and everyone else, know that they, too, care about people. That’s a simplistic explanation for a simplistic thought process. These people couldn’t think their way out of a house with all the doors wide open. Their understanding of the things they promote and advocate is probably not even up to layman’s standards.

It’s like me supporting sending people into space. It sounds like a great idea, but that doesn’t mean I can tell you in detail how the hell it works. All Bono knows about Clinton is what Clinton tells him-and that he “feels our pain”.

6. ZippyTheWerewolf says:

Celebudorks really should steer clear of political commentary period. They live in a glass bubble that is so far removed from reality that their ideas of change don’t really fit in with reality.

Carrie Underwood even stated that celebrities should stay out of politics openly a few years back. Which gave me a greater respect for her.

@ Patrick K. Well stated!

@ Dana lol. I only listen to the Chicks from before Natalie Maines decided it was okay to diss the President.

7. Dana says:

Sis’ obviously hairiest reader wrote:

Zippy, how could you hate Cowboy Take Me Away? (Here’s hoping our esteemed hostess doesn’t trash that link! :) )

8. Tex says:

Bono’s a Bozo!

9. Severian says:

Wow! That statement sets a record for number of Courics! (see South Park for reference)

I haven’t liked U2 since they caved into popular opinion about “selling out” over Joshua Tree. Achtung Baby was a terrible album and to make them feel better it won all sorts of awards and blah blah blah. But honestly it never truly highlighted the talent that they all had, and now it seems that the more talentless you are or act the more accolades you get from the idiots who are critics. I gave up on radio music almost 20 years ago, and I ain’t ever going back, it’s just to much of the same thing. – Lorica

11. ZippyTheWerewolf says:

LOL @ Dana..hairiest? I’m a girl! Okay! Okay! I love the song..

12. ZippyTheWerewolf says:

Oh jeez, I’m a little slow. I forgot I was a werewolf.