Why is Al Sharpton still called a “civil rights leader”?

Posted by: ST on September 21, 2010 at 6:06 pm

There are a lot of things wrong about this Associated Press report:

NEW YORK (AP) – The Rev. Al Sharpton will host a weekly syndicated TV program focusing on education.

ESH Holdings, a new minority-owned multimedia company, says the half-hour news and information magazine, called “Education SuperHighway,” will target parents, educators and students.

Hosted by the well-known civil rights leader, the show will provide a forum for discussing educational issues, with political, business and social leaders taking part.

Isn’t it scary that this well-known race hustler is going to be hosting a syndicated show focusing on the education of America’s youth? What’s going to be his first priority? How to launch a rape hoax on innocent people and get away with it?

Furthermore, are you as sick as I am of how Rev. Sharpton is continually called a “civil rights leader” when he is anything but? As I said on Twitter, there is nothing “civil” about him, nothing “right” about him, and he is certainly not a “leader.” Yet he is continually treated by the MSM and left wing politicos as a “credible” voice on issues that affect and impact the black community.

Sigh.

11 Responses to “Why is Al Sharpton still called a “civil rights leader”?”

Comments

1. Jo says:

Now, Sister, you know this long-suffering, self-denying, struggling soldier for Ci-vil Ri-ughts in this discriminatory nation is already envisioning the great monument that will be erected in his honor in the middle of Harlem or, better yet, Chicago. What a great self-promoter—I mean minority-promoter. How dare you question his wisdom in pushing the race card in ed-u-ma-cation?????

2. Bill Fabrizio says:

“Why is Al Sharpton still called a Civil Rights Leader”?

Well Sister, I believe the politically incorrect answer is that the white elitists (by definition this means the Left) are afraid of being called “racists” if they call him out for what he actually is, a racist!

These are the same elitists who are afraid to be called “racists” if they call out Obama for what he actually is, a marxist!

You see Sister, in the surreal universe the Left lives in telling the truth is a far more serious offense than actually destroying America!

Hope this has answered your question.

Why ST, he has just as much credibility as the Hopey-Changy charlatan we have as Apologizer-in-Chief, and soooo much more than the Revrund Jackkkksun!

And he’s just as nice as they come to the Massa, never yanking on his chain or trying to break free and have a thought of his own.

4. proof says:

I think it’s like Grape Nuts: Neither grapes nor nuts.
    (Okay, Al might be a little nuts!)

5. Paul says:

Sister I wonder about the ones whom Reverend Al “leads”. :d

6. Kate says:

…I always wondered about that too Paul…like where does he regularly preach (and I use the term loosely)???

Personally, anyone who condones abortion as much as this guy probably “preaches” at a Planned Parenthood Clinic in Harlem…

I wonder if his “religious sect” denounces the Ten Commandments because he surely doesn’t follow them by any stretch. This would make it very convenient for him to be a great leader for the “elitist” who insist on calling him a “civil rights leader”…..in which case they probably are hearkening back to the days of when he used to be included in any MLK, Jr. rally he could get to and get his picture taken to boot.

7. George says:

Does anyone else suspect this may have been “prodded” by Glenn Beck running his “Founding Fathers Friday’s”. Especially when he presented the significance of “Blacks” in the Founding of our Country.

Not to mention …….. 8-28 of course!

After all he’s been laying up in Harlem getting “phat” [in his own mind], right in the same hood as Percy Sutton [who owned a big piece of a media giant].

Nah! Just call me a cynic …….. just couldn’t be.

8. Mike Giles says:

In the Tawana Brawley affair, the original charges were leveled by Tawana Brawley herself. Sharpton along with others, merely supported her. Is it being suggested that they should have immediately dismissed her charges out of hand? And if so, why?

No one is suggesting anything of the kind, Mike. What is being suggested is that, once everyone in the world knew the charges were flat-out lies Mr. Sharpton should have at least admitted they were false instead of doing a Dan Rather and saying that “these particular charges may have been false but the idea behind them is fully real.”

In other words, it’s OK for him to lie through his teeth as long as the idea behind what he’s lying about has some merit in a fantasy world somewhere.

10. Jean says:

ST,
    For the life of me I would appreciate people not calling him a reverand. It’s not in the Bible. This title is rampant in the black church. He is not a minister. I see no fruits and I am very embarassed whenever I see him on tv. I am a black woman who stands on Christian values from the Bible and I did NOT vote for Obama! There are lots of us out there!