Sunday Football open thread (UPDATE: PANTHERS LOSE TO BENGALS 20-7)

Posted by: Phineas on September 26, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Now, on to something more pleasant. In today’s NFL action, the San Francisco 49ers take on the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs are on a surprising roll at 2-0, while my beloved Niners are… getting rolled at 0-2. :(

Meanwhile, the winless Panthers face the mighty Bungles Bengals. Both games are at 10AM PST.

What’s up, folks?

Update 1 – 4:33 PM (ST): Another dismal day for the Cats and their fans as the Panthers lose to the Bengals 20-7 here at home in rainy weather.

6 Responses to “Sunday Football open thread (UPDATE: PANTHERS LOSE TO BENGALS 20-7)”

Comments

1. Jeff says:

No worries for your 9er’s.. My Chief’s are pretenders that have been relying on INT, kick-off and punt returns in their first two wins. Barring Alex Smith making too many mistakes and if SF gives the ball to Frank Gore at leaset 25 times, SF will win this by 7 to 10 points.. Hope I’m wrong, but I think you’re in for a rewarding afternoon as an SF fan..

2. NC Cop says:

Well, the Giants are coming of an embarrassing loss last week against the Colts, let’s see if they can stop a very motivated Titans team.

Off topic: My Yankees continue their downward spiral….:((

3. Phineas says:

Just looked at the NFL box scores. Oh, man! Am I glad the Niners-Chiefs game wasn’t televised in my area. The pain… :((

Can’t believe the Saints lost. It was a good game, but I think New Orleans was taking the win for granted.

Sorry about the 9’ers. Sometimes, much like Dallas, it can take decades to rebuild. – Lorica

5. Jake Moore says:

Pow! Chiefs 3-0. These are not the Chiefs of my childhood…or for that matter the 49ers either. I had a gut feeling they were going to win, but I took conventional wisdom & bet against them. That will teach me. Finally, Sundays start ending in fist pumps in KC.

6. Dear Phineas:

Get over your Panthers and 49er’s.

Signed, Cleveland.