You are a criminal if you deny global warming

Posted by: Phineas on October 31, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Don’t try to weasel out of it. We see you over there, with your doubts and your skepticism, muttering about Medieval Warm Periods and “hiding the decline.” You don’t believe in anthropogenic global warming, do you? You’re a denier, and that makes you a criminal!

And I have that on the authority of two experts in the field: Google CEO Erik “Creepy” Schmidt and director James Cameron:

Here again we see the Green Statists refusing to argue the legitimate doubts about global warming and the serious questions about climate science. Instead, their opponents are likened to Nazi sympathizers, traitors, and defenders of slavery.

And now to doubt is criminal.

So much for intellectual freedom and the spirit of free inquiry.

PS: By the way, James Cameron is a titanic hypocrite.

(Crossposted at Public Secrets)

8 Responses to “You are a criminal if you deny global warming”

Comments

1. Steve Skubinna says:

Disagreeing with a leftist on anything is a crime.

Duh.

Believe it, these people would herd us into camps if they could. Fortunately they are as cowardly as they are contemptible.

You’ve hit the nail on the head, Steve. They really are cowardly, and cannot do anything without massive groupthink.

3. heir2freedom says:

Steve S. is Orwellianly correct. And if the Progressives continue to maintain a ruling majority and steam forward with their Marxist ideology unabated, the reality of what constitutes a “crime” with these “truth-speakers” will become nightmarish.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND WATCH:

“TWO INCREDIBLY INSPIRATIONAL VIDEOS ON WHICH TO REFLECT AS YOU PREPARE TO VOTE NOVEMBER 2nd”

4. david foster says:

I guess in the world envisaged by Schmidt and Cameron, Professor Harold Lewis would have to hide from the police.

5. david foster says:

Given the centrality of Google (which also owns Blogger and YouTube) to the exchange of information and opinion, it is extremely disturbing that the chief executive of this company has such views regarding freedom of speech.

6. NC Cop says:

Yet another reason I never use Google.

I’m a criminal, huh, then come arrest me you cowardly, lying, low life sack of……..poop.

7. camojack says:

I plead “nolo contendere”…

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, many contend. Ignorance of the laws of physics is even less so, and ignoring facts even more than that.

By the way, I believe in global warming. And global cooling. And that man has such an insignificant part in each the it isn’t even measurable. When should I start getting ready for my perp walk?