I’m back :) (OPEN THREAD)

Posted by: ST on February 14, 2011 at 8:22 am

Hey y’all! I’m back from CPAC. Had an *awesome* time. Since I was off several days last week, as you can imagine I’ve got a pretty full day ahead of me as I catch up on the workload, so I probably won’t be around much until late this afternoon (Lord-willing, of course) and even then I’m not sure how much blogging I’ll get done. Please bear with me as I get back into the blogging groove. I’m still exhausted from not getting enough sleep over the last few days (who can sleep when you’re in a city as beautiful and alive as DC?) and it’ll probably take me a few days to recover. ;)

Thanks big time to my co-blogger for taking care of the blog while I was away. Excellent job, as always. :)

Later, y’all.

12 Responses to “I’m back :) (OPEN THREAD)”

Comments

1. Chris in NC says:

Welcome back. Pictures when you get the chance!

2. Phineas says:

Welcome back, boss. :)

I’m looking forward to the full CPAC report.

3. Paul says:

Where was Palin ??

4. Neo says:

The 60 Minutes interview with Wael Ghonim, the Google exec show was jailed for a few days, was interesting.
    He gave Obama no credit, and in fact wished that the US would stay out.
    Smith: President Obama came out several times during the revolution, had things to say. Did it help? Did it hurt?
    Ghonim: You know, it was good that he supports the revolution. That’s a good stand. But we don’t really need him. And I don’t think that….I wrote a tweet. I wrote, ‘Dear Western governments. You have been supporting the regime that was oppressing us for 30 years. Please don’t get involved now. We don’t need you.’

5. Tango says:

….glad you are home safely, princess! Now get caught up, organize, and prepare for more interesting times just ahead! ;-)

6. Great White Rat says:

Welcome back. Now here’s all the work that’s piled up while you were away….

7. Great White Rat says:

Oh, and courtesy of the Bronx Zoo, a completely unique gift idea for Valentine’s Day.

And no, I didn’t get one for the girlfriend. I offered to, and she said that while she appreciated the sentiment, I really shouldn’t go to the expense….

“I’m still exhausted from not getting enough sleep over the last few days (who can sleep when you’re in a city as beautiful and alive as DC?) and it’ll probably take me a few days to recover.”

In just a couple of days you’re so enamored of the swamp that you can’t sleep? Heck, no wonder spineless politicians don’t have a chance there, if that’s what happens to ST in just 3 or 4 days.

Seems to me DC-itis is like carbon monoxide – it’s colorless, it’s odorless, and one has not a clue until it’s taken over and killed whatever moral, ethical or professional standards one has.

Thank God you got out of there in time, ST!

9. ST says:

Get real, Carlos. If you think the few days I enjoyed in DC has the potential to lead me on the road to “spinelessness” then you don’t know me very well. It is possible to admire the vibrancy of the city & still hold true to your principles.

10. Tom White says:

Hey, neighbor! Great to finally meet you!

I know all of the good (Conservative) people in North Carolina are glad to have their favorite Sister back beneath the Carolina Blue sky.

And I am sure the Liberals were hoping you’d stay away longer and give them a break.

Don’t let up!

Your neighbor to the North:

Tom White, Editor
    Virginia Right!

The post was more about the disappearing spines we elect to office, ST, not you.

Am very glad you made it there and back safely, and pray you have a renewed spirit for what is right, good and conservative.