Comedy Gold: Jake Tapper calls out Jay Carney on “not adding to the debt” lie

Posted by: ST on February 16, 2011 at 7:54 pm

And he’s not the only one:

Love it.

8 Responses to “Comedy Gold: Jake Tapper calls out Jay Carney on “not adding to the debt” lie”

Comments

1. RM says:

I remember when they at least tried to lie convincingly.

2. Sefton says:

I see he’s been well trained in the “It’s the previous administration’s fault” excuse.
    Did anyone else notice that he continually falls back on repeating the same lines of b.s.? Until he was confronted with the same followup question – where he basically punted to the budget director. I was half expecting him to pull out the Chevy Chase line “I was told there would be no math.”

I was also sort of expecting to hear Mr. Cunningham from Happy Days yell “Ritchie!” from off stage.

3. AnonymousDrivel says:

Q: “…it doesn’t matter to this White House that you’re still going to continue to make the claim that you’re not adding to the debt [even though you really are...]?”

White House Press Sec: “… We absolutely stand by the budget.”

See how clever that was by Carney? Carney didn’t answer an exceedingly direct (and repeated) question. “We absolutely stand by the budget.” What the hell does that mean? And, again, that wasn’t the question now was it? The press secretary is too embarrassed to defend an obvious lie, so he doesn’t. He can’t. It’s indefensible. He muddles with a deflection instead. Most transparent and honest administration ever.

Is anything coming from the top of American governance not a lie?

4. Farm Girl says:

That’s one of the most painful tap dance routines I’ve ever seen.

The shortest distance between two points (in this case, the ears) is a direct line, especially if it encounters no brain cells. That’s what this administration believes of all us “small people.”

That’s the way I happen to view this reincarnation of Bobby Fibbs.

I find it difficult to believe even Van Jones could be dumb enough to believe the American public would fall for this garbage.

Says a lot about how this administration really views the people who will either be giving Obhammud another term or (rightfully) throwing him out on his (oversized) ear.

LOL @ Farm Girl, too funny.

I do find it odd how they keep talking about how the President “inherited” this problem. Yet do not mention the fact that Senator Obama, along with the rest of the liberal kabul, i.e. N. Pelosi and H. Reid, helped to create the problem. How about alittle truth in Government?? Yeah Right!!

I am less impressed with this Jay Carney, than I was of the Fibber. I think he needs a teleprompter, perhaps then he can sound abit more convincing. – Lorica

7. Neo says:

White House press secretary Jay Carney says the Recovery Act added several million jobs and lowered the unemployment rate. According to Carney, the “goals” of the stimulus package “have been met.”

By the way, if you’re still unemployed, the White house sends their regrets but they have already “shot their wad” and have no further advise for you except … “keep trying” … this is as good as it gets

A reporter asked Carney why unemployment is at 9% and not 7%, the percentage projected if the stimulus worked. Carney dismissed the question. “We’ve said repeatedly that we don’t want to relitigate the battles of the past,” Carney told the reporter.

You’ve got to love that last line. A complete “non sequitur.” I suggest it for any “birther” questions to Republicans.