Sarah Palin: Will she run for President, or will she not?

Posted by: ST on June 1, 2011 at 7:51 pm

As Palin’s bus tour continues to make its way up and down the east coast, the mainstream media’s in hyperventilating overdrive trying to figure out the former Alaska Govenor’s next move. Does all this hand-shaking, bike-riding, baby-hugging, speech-giving we’ve seen from her as of late mean that the lady known back home as “Sarah Barracuda” has her eyes set on the ultimate American political prize?

I’ve said for months now that I didn’t believe she’d run – and in fact I hoped she didn’t, because I think she can make much more of a positive difference outside of political office than in it at this stage of the game, but I have to admit that the thought of Palin taking on Obama makes my heart accelerate with delight more than just a little bit. And I’m far from the only one who wouldn’t mind seeing her go toe to toe with our celebrity President.

That said, the all important question remains: Will she or won’t she? Furthermore, assuming that she does and that she made it beyond the primaries (which I think she could), would she, one of the MSM’s most disliked public figures, have a good shot of defeating the MSM’s golden guy Barry O? Let me know your thoughts.

Sarah Palin

Former governor of Alaska Sarah Palin looks back at a crowd as she walks to the door of Trump Tower for a scheduled meeting with Donald Trump in New York Tuesday, May 31, 2011.
(AP Photo/Craig Ruttle)

16 Responses to “Sarah Palin: Will she run for President, or will she not?”

Comments

The only political person nearly as vilified by the LSM as Sarah was Barry Goldwater, who was crucified for telling the truth.

Sarah’s been trashed because she makes herself an easy target. Big difference there.

But the LSM is still as trashy itself as it was back in ’64, and still as determined to tell the Repubs who they should nominate.

2. John A says:

Alas, MSR and MSM (“Main Stream” Repubs/Media) are both against her. Heck, the MSM says if any of their chase cars get into trouble it will be because she did not tell them where she would be and when (I could tell them where to go, but I doubt it would be proper). Did one really say the stylised flag-components on her tour bus are un-Constitutional?

3. Great White Rat says:

John…he’s not claiming it’s unconsitutional, but that it’s a violation of Federal law. The story is at RCP (LINK). Gee, isn’t it nice to know the left, which didn’t care about the flag when their friends were burning it, or when Obama’s buddy Bill Ayres was stomping on it, or when they were flying it upside down, is suddenly so concerned about the proper display and use of the flag?

As for Palin’s plans, I’m very much on the same page as ST. I’d like to see her sit tight for a couple of years and burnish her policy credentials, so when the proper time comes to run, the Palin hatred and dumb jokes would have lost their impact. Of course, if the ecomomy collapses even more than it already has – and some economists see a full-fledged depression coming – then all bets are off and I’d love to see her take on the Vacationer-in-Chief. And if the economy really does turn that sour, no one will want to listen to the Dems calling her a ‘racist quitter’ – people will be more focused on REAL issues.

4. Phineas says:

I’m all in favor of her running (no surprise, there). As far as I’m concerned, the more, the merrier, and let the best ideas win.

As for how she’d do, I’m pretty sure she’d win the primary, but the general, all things being equal, would be a toss-up. The media would go all-out to destroy her and protect their Beloved One. (Gag… :-& )I think it would be fairly close, right up to election day. And then…?

(Assuming, of course, no foreign or further economic disaster that puts a stake in Obama’s remaining chances.)

5. Chris in NC says:

As much as I love the Palinator and would love to have her as president I don’t know if she can win the general. It will depend on the conditions of the country in 2012. If the economy takes its inevitable nose dive then yeah, she can win. If it stays as is and people “get used to it” or it improves, then it becomes more and more unlikely she can win. The slander and destruction of her over the last few years puts her in a hole that other candidates won’t be in.

6. arcman46 says:

I’m with you Chris. I would love to see Palin as President, and think that she is what we need to begin to right the ship; however the vitriol of the left has taken a toll. The general election would be a toss up. I have a hard time seeing her as a cabinet member ala Energy Secretary. A king-maker would be a really good thing.

7. Roy Lofquist says:

Is she running? You bet your sweet bippy. You think that Mama Grizzly thing is a gimmick? She wants blood and guts for attacking her cubs. Barracuda is her sweet, feminine side.

“…if it’s close…”

If it in fact is close she (or anyone else) would lose. What do you think has happened to ACORN? That they went away?

Get real. They’re still out there, and they’ll sign as many illegals, felons, homeless, cartoon characters, etc., as they can just like they did the last election to push the Beloved and Glorious One over the top.

Just wish they’d throw him over the cliff, like the jackasses have done to seniors (especially) and children. Under the bus is too good for him.

9. Ken Gardner says:

I think you nailed one of her two biggest problems: the MSM hates her probably more than any other GOPer. And conservatives underestimate its power at their peril. (The other problem is explaining her decision to resign as governor of Alaska.)

10. Elliot says:

The only way to defeat Obama is to make sure the next election is all about Obama. If it’s focused on him and his record, he loses. Sarah is brilliant. But if she runs, Obama and the media will ensure the election is about her.

11. Brontefan says:

You are right, Carlos–in both blogs! Barry Goldwater was sabotaged by the media, purposely and with malice. While Obama insisted his family was “off limits,” the MSM savagely attacked Palin & her family with no remorse. Almost no one thinks she got a fair shake. And the Gibson interview, where he looked DOWN at her over those glasses and cut everything she said beyond the first sentence… Chris Wallace admitted it was edited to make her look badly…is one I will never forget or forgive. And asking her insane questions, like when did the dinosaurs walk the earth? Did anyone ask Obama that question, like he would know. Heck, he didn’t know how to pronounce Marine Corps! I question his learning ability because he said it three times on camera. I would have caught my error after the first time!

At least Jedediah Bila did the research and actually listed her accomplishments. But the Obama crew is well versed in sabotage to remove opponents… as that is how Obama got elected in Illinois. He managed to unseal someone’s divorce records and exposed the gruesome details to the press. I am reasonably sure that after Obama is out of office.. his gruesome details will start to surface–he is possibly the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American public.

Palin is terrific! If she chooses to go on a bus tour, good for her! And yes, I heard Republican commentators slam her on O’Reilly. Just for the record.. everyone said Truman couldn’t get elected either and the Chicago Times printed their front page, Dewey wins! Frankly, I think she’s jerking the chain of the MSM who treated her so savagely! And to that, I also say: good for her!

Her decision to resign as governor was no secret. Dems were sending lawyers up there to help a campaign of filing ethics charges against her. To file a charge, it takes on stamp. To fight those charges costs money for legal fees and when the balance due reached a half a million, she pulled the plug. No one knows what he/she would have done in the same situation. I can’t imagine having so many political ENEMIES being sanctioned by the Prez… to go after her. It’s just one more blatant media bias. Hollywood goes after Republicans, too. They made W but I think a film on Clinton’s WH affair would have been more salacious.

12. CZ says:

The R party is is on a media fishing trip. The fish are taking the bait and running with it. Am I the only one to see this?

With all the uncertainty, the who is and who isn’t in, the will he/she or won’t he/she has the media totally flummoxed. They are so confounded they are chasing shadows with no front runner to focus on and attack at such an early date.

Looks like a plan to me. And it is brilliant! I like what I see.

One thing is for certain. When the best R candidate beats that jug ear Jeebus the winner will have a great selection for cabinet appointments.

13. Baklava says:

Toe to toe? :)

They are so different. What she addresses are relevant issues and with great solutions.

He would demagogue, mischaracterize, evade, duck…

… pretty much not go toe to toe with her. She’d have to grab his face and say, “look at me and respond to what I’m saying!”

14. captaingrumpy says:

Why,back in the old days we had other ways of winning an argument.Mr Smith and Mr Weston helped in the mitigation.

15. George Robinson says:

Roy brought me a pleasant little memory. While attending U Tx I wrote jokes for Laugh In. no fax machines etc, had to pay big for special delivery, had to pay union dues, and the end of a year I think I earned almost a hundred bucks. My Sarah has made a life time income this year, she will have to take a cut in pay when she wins.

16. DavidD says:

Something I wrote on my occasional blog right before I read this post:

So, will Sarah Palin run or won’t she?

I think she will run. I think it’s stupid [no offense intended] to think she could have a stronger role as a “Kingmaker”; I think she would lose all the media attention the moment she announced that she was not going to run.

I think she has to run; the media would have a field day, otherwise, laughing at her and calling her a coward and then ignoring anything else she has to say.

I don’t think she’s a coward. I think she will run and I think she will win.