MigraineGate Update: Doctor’s note released

Posted by: ST on July 20, 2011 at 6:16 pm

When Republican presidential candidates Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty descended on Iowa today, both faced questions about whether or not Bachmann’s migraines would impede her from doing the job of president.

Meanwhile, Bachmann issued a letter from the Attending Physician of the U.S. Congress arguing that Bachmann’s migraines occur “infrequently and have known trigger factors of which you are aware and know how to avoid.”

The letter, from the Dr. Brian Monahan, the top doctor for Congress, is addressed to Bachmann and reads:

“When you do have a migraine, you are able to control it well with as-needed sumatriptan and odanestron. It has not been necessary for you to take daily scheduled medications to manage thi condition.”

Monahan further clarifies that Bachmann has “not needed medical attention” from his office regarding her migraines “with the use of the above mentioned commonly used therapies.”

Read Dr. Monahan’s letter to Michele Bachmann.

This is such a relief! I mean, I was starting to get really concerned over the possibility that we could have a President who suffers from migraines, which – as ‘anonymous former [Bachmann] aides/advisers’ have indicated … and the New York Slimes seemingly agrees – makes it impossible to do your job in leading the country.  Well, unless you’re Thomas Jefferson, or Ulysses Grant, or …  8-|

11 Responses to “MigraineGate Update: Doctor’s note released”

Comments

1. Phineas says:

Hey, medical conditions are serious concerns! I mean, God forbid we should ever have a president who had to use a wheelchair.

Oh, wait….

This really was a disappointing hack job on TDC’s part.

Yeah, I guess we can’t always have superdude in the WH, can we?

Unless, of course, he does his coup thing after losing next year’s election, if he even allows an election next year.

3. nina says:

We have a vice president who had aneurysm removed and obviously part of his brain as is confirmed by his erratic behavior.People never mention this and he is first in line to replace BO in case of an emergency. Migraines are temporary.Biden’s errant behavior and cognition are permanent.Remember that 3 letter word….JOBS!!!!

4. Baklava says:

Michele Bachmann’s doctor for Vice President :d

5. Great White Rat says:

Oh come on….remember how the press in 2008 demanded that Obama release comprehensive medical records because as a lifelong smoker he had significantly elevated risk for cancer and heart disease?

You don’t? Ummmmm….well, no, neither do I, now that I think about it.

6. Old Goat says:

I have a Doctor friend who gets migraines. He is an Emergency Room Doc, it doesn’t seem to affect him doing his job, though there are times when he gets a bad one.

They are fairly manageable.

It’s only an issue because she is attracting attention and polling well.

7. PE says:

The lefts’ lack of rational, issues based, arguments makes it prone to grasp at irrational straws.

This entire story is only for those stupid enough to have voted for the Chosen One to begin with.

Of course, that explains 99% of the LSM, anyway…

9. Joseph Brown says:

Our youngest daughter has had migraines most of her 46 years but is able to control them. Our oldest daughter has headaches, altho not migraines. My wife has headaches. I, on the otherhand have never had a headache of any kind in my life verified by my wife of 54 years, I’m 75. I know, you have to have something up there to ache. I’ve heard that one.

10. captaingrumpy says:

Listen folks this is nothing compared to what they will do before the election.I hope she feeds her dogs OK and she uses real petrol in her car and does she eat raw garlic or not.They will try anything.The main difference between her and Obama is that “She loves America”.

Captain, you forgot the other important differences: she is provably an American citizen, and she is a biblical Christian.

From everything I’ve been shown by him, he is neither.

Of course, with the unions and victim groups, those may be DISqualifiers now.