At least Newsweek is honest

Posted by: Phineas on January 16, 2012 at 2:39 pm

**Posted by Phineas

This really is what the intelligentsia in the MSM, academia, and the leadership of the Democratic Party think of most of the nation:

I don’t know about you, but I prefer this honest contempt to the patronizing variety we usually get.

For those not familiar with Andrew Sullivan, he had been blogger for The Atlantic, until he went off the deep end with wild conspiracy theories about THE TRUTH behind the birth of Trig Palin. Now he writes, supposedly as a conservative, for (what’s left of) Newsweek and The Daily Beast.

But we’re the dumb ones.

via Newsbusters

UPDATE: Joel Pollak asks, “Why is Andrew Sullivan so dumb?”

(Crossposted at Public Secrets)

19 Responses to “At least Newsweek is honest”

Comments

1. Bill G says:

Excellent photo of Bam-Bam to go with the headline… our Glorious Leader bravely looking ahead, nose in the air, above all the dumb herd members he is ignoring.

2. Markon says:

Why are Obama’s critics so dumb? I have the answer!

It is because his opponents, Republicans and/or Conservatives, have the intellectual capacity of small, naive, ignorant children.

Let me explain with a simple example.

A mom and her 5 year old daughter are walking down a street heading towards a very pregnant woman shuffling along. Does the child say “Mommy, mommy, look! That lady has an unviable blob in her belly!”

Of course not. The child is incapable of understanding the complexity and nuance of todays progressive world.

Instead that child would simply say “Mommy, mommy look! That lady has a BABY in her belly”.

Conservatives, like children, are unable to see the truth and actually believe there is a baby in the womb.

Simple child-like morons.

3. Neo says:

Obama has pretty much decided to take his ball and go home already. Imagine 4 years of Obama with a Republican controlled House and Senate.

Obama has to be careful not to show what this would be like, else a “do-nothing Congress” could be replaced with a “Pigheaded President” as the problem to be solved by this election. His own meme could be turned on it’s head.

Many independents, who might vote for Obama otherwise, will not stand for 4 years of name-calling and finger-pointing.

4. David Christensen says:

Darn, I am soooo dumb and Obama is soooo smart. Can you imagine that I believe it is a bad thing to spend more money than I have? I think it is wrong to treat my enemies better than my friends. And, more importantly, I have no idea what a community organizer does for a living, how he is paid and what he produces.

5. John Bibb says:

***
    Remember that “News”weak was sold for $1 a few years ago. Carrying water as part of the American Pravda Media lost them their income and business. It only gets read in dentist’s offices or when cleaning out the cat box or birdcage bottom. Or when unwrapping the fish in the kitchen. And it’s always covered with C**P and slimy stuff.
    ***
    How much does an impartial “reporter” at Newsweak get paid? A penny a day for their propaganda seems about right to me.
    ***
    And who’s the dumb ones? They will hit the bricks with the Comrade Obama and His Ilk in Jan. 2013. Career changing Tsunami II coming soon.
    ***
    Rocketman
    ***

6. John Casteel says:

Paraphrasing an old saying: Being called dumb by Andrew Sullivan is like being called ugly by a frog! Or, being called ugly by Andrew Sullivan is like being called stupid by Rosie O’Donnell! Or something like that.

7. Baklava says:

I appreciate the honesty also.

I wonder though… Did the person in charge of the cover go on vacation?

8. Drew the Infidel says:

And I’ll be this magazine is available in all 57 states. Shows you what an Ivy League education is worth.

9. PE says:

I used to worry about articulate idiots. Now I’m worried about articulate sociopaths.

10. CZ says:

We’re at the point where the media doesn’t bother hiding their bias. No surprise to me.

To be fair (heh) Sullivan was interviewed by Chris (tingles) Matthews yesterday. The openly gay bear was mainly going after Obama supporters, such as Matt Damon, who has been openly critical lately.

I saw the interview but haven’t read the article.

People, people, people. This is simply a case of projection. Nothing more, nothing less.

It will always irritate the “intelligencia”, the elitists, the arrogancia that we dumb knuckledraggers have the capacity to see a problem, work on a logical solution and implement that/those solutions in the real world while they are lost in fantasy, create problems, then seek solutions to those problems in a fantasy world that simply create more problems and solve nothing in the real world.

Just remember, boys and girls, that intelligence isn’t worth a penny (accounting for inflation) if there’s no common sense with it.

12. Zippy says:

My brother gave me the best explanation of what a liberal actually is: An angry narcissist who refuses to turn anger onto themselves and in turn project it outward at other people who disagree with them/their philosophies however ridiculous, because they cannot handle the truth about themselves.

These people actually believe the IGNORANCE that they proclaim. I hope to GOD that he doesn’t get back in office.

13. ST says:

Wowsers. Why is Newsweek so dumb?

Because they’re libs, ST.

15. SpideyTerry says:

Yeah, Obama critics say stupid things like:

“There’s only fifty states.”
    “It’s corpsman, not corpse-man.”
    “There’s a difference between bowing and bending over for change.”
    “Wouldn’t take me three years to find my birth certificate.”
    “Israel is a democratic nation and the Palestinians are terrorist supporters, not the other way around.”
    “I’d be aware if a man I called my spiritual mentor was spewing racial hatred.”
    “Never condemn a police officer as stupid without knowing the details of a situation, especially immediately after admitting you didn’t know the details of the situation.”
    “Hawaii isn’t in Asia.”

And on and on…

16. Glenn Bergen says:

Hey Carlos,
    I’m back; and I’ve been reading a number of books written by the Austrian School of Economics. von Mises and Hayek are my 2 favorite authors, but I had to preface that discourse with Thomas Sowell. Then I came to the conclusion, I had been fed a load of BS in college from a socialist economics instructor who wanted to push Keynesian economic theory over free marketb theory.

17. Glenn Bergen says:

Markon,
    Your comments on this post made me angry. You are so dismissive of any opposing thought/viewpoint. Read my other posting on this site; what are you going to challenge me with; DAS KAPITAL ? I read that when I was 13, and I thought Karl Marx sucked.

18. Michael Teuber says:

Tweeted by a housewife and grandma from some little town of 7000:

@Newsweek: know what’s truly “dumb”? Giving a cover story to the TrigTruther conspiracy kook writer who thinks I didn’t give birth to my son

Apparently she’s been critical of Obama for a few years now.

@Glenn Bergen: Welcome back! Admitting one is a Keynesian economist is the same as admitting “I don’t give a rusty rip about reality, all I want is to rule all you rubes!”

Just a fancy way of admitting contempt for the people, that’s all.

Kinda like the contempt I feel for those with that contempt.