"But frankly, [Obama] should never have said as much as he did, that if you like your current health care plan, you can keep it. That wasn’t true. And you shouldn’t lie to people. And they just lied to people."
- Former Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA), July 2014
The legislation is not about women’s health and healthcare. It is a thinly veiled attempt to shame women about their decisions or to intimidate them into changing their decisions. If legislators truly cared about womenís health, they would support prevention measures, like full access to birth control, including Emergency Contraception, access to family planning, and quality sexuality education.
• Mandating that a woman view an ultrasound is not about healthcare, as illustrated by the use of the words “unborn child” rather than the medically-accepted term “fetus”. This legislation is about shaming a woman about her personal, private choices.
• Whether or not to view an ultrasound is a personal, private decision that should be made by a woman in consultation with her healthcare provider.
• Planned Parenthood believes honest communication is essential to a healthy providerpatient relationship. We are committed to helping women make their own informed and responsible decisions.
• The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a leading women’s health organization, does not require an ultrasound during the first trimester as a medical necessity, although it is Planned Parenthood’s policy to perform an ultrasound before providing an abortion procedure.
Read that again: “although it is Planned Parenthood’s policy to perform an ultrasound before providing an abortion procedure.” Bbbut, I thought that was considered “rape” by … Planned Parenthood and their supporters? I mean, after all, that “vaginal probe ultrasound” might have to be used in certain instances and, and …
Life News’ Steven Ertelt has much more on Planned Parenthood’s hypocrisy on the modified Virginia abortion law. Make sure to read the whole thing, and then marvel once again at just how utterly and deliberately cruel and deceptive abortion supporters are all over again.