Posted by: ST on June 4, 2012 at 5:41 pm

No need for me to comment. Read and judge the highlight (lowlight) reel for yourself (via @ThePantau):

——————-

——————-

Got that? It’s not YOUR fault, bub. Your poor diet decisions are Corporate America’s (TM) fault.

———————-

———————–

And a retweet by the Mayor:

——————–

And below all of this is a series (brief sampling) of retweets done by the Mayor of fellow statist nitwits who believe it’s the state’s job to decide what you can and cannot eat or drink:

''We love being told what to do by the state!''

Frightening.

The best response to all of this comes not from a politico nor a pundit, but instead from country music legend and Grammy Award winner Charlie Daniels:

Need I say more?

9 Responses to “Profiles in epic failures: @MikeBloomberg’s “let’s combat obesity!” Twitter feed”

Comments

1. Sefton says:

I continue to say it… people from New York and California deserve what they get. The smart ones are leaving in droves.

2. Zippy says:

Go ahead! Ban the large sodas… I’m drinking a sugar free tea and sucking the sugar out of 17 pieces of bubble gum..

I thought it was personal CHOICES that contributed to obesity and not SUGAR per se… What about the fat? THE FAT THE FAT… speaking of which.. HE’S A FATHEAD!

3. redneek24 says:

I wish somebody would dispute the medical cost of cigarettes, and overeating. This is cold, but because people die younger, around 50-60, there is actually less medical cost. Plus it would make SS and other retirement plans more solvent. I am not advocating letting old people die, I’m 58, but the cost of somebody above 70 is far and above the cost of somebody that dies of a heart attack, or lung cancer when they are 50. Once again, I am not wanting anybody to die, but that banning personal heath mistakes does not make heath care cost go down.

In the famous words of the N.A.G.s, Mayor Bloomberg, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY BODY! IT’S MY CHOICE, NOT YOURS!

5. polifrog says:

Little to nothing has been said anywhere regarding the authority under which Bloomberg creates local law.

Where is the local legislative body (town/city counsel) in this?

As far as I can tell there is none. There seems to be no body of deliberation that directly represents the citizens. The NYT refers to the Board of Health as the only obstacle between Bloomberg and law in this instance.

If the only hurdle between Bloomberg’s mind and law is the Board of Health he appoints then this law is an example of what results when public representative consensus is replaced by the whims of an individual and their direct appointees.

It also foreshadows the dangers of ObamaCare regarding the creation of law outside of that messy congress of ours.

6. Drew the Infidel says:

Did you kow 82.7% of statistics are made up on the spot? Just like this one; but you see how easily folks can be led to believe almost anything using the old adage, “If you can’t fool them with facts, baffle them with BS.”

7. Thank you, Mayor Bloomberg, for ‘saving people from themselves.’ After all, you were not only elected to manage the business affairs of the great city of New York…but you were also elected to do the thinking for all of the mental midgets who are so intellectually ill-equipped to make decisions on how and what to put in their bodies.

You must take away their choice and decide for them what they can and cannot consume. People just can’t make those kinds of decisions themselves….oh, unless that decision is whether or not to kill an unborn child.

8. frank says:

Charlie Daniels is right, you just gotta love a guy who tackles the big problems for those of us who are simply too stupid to be responsible for our own decisions.

9. Nick says:

I wonder what he would have to go after that would cause the libs who support him to rise up in revolt. Booze? Drugs? Large limosines? I can’t believe there isn’t a one who sees the assault on their personal liberty. I completely agree with the comment earlier about “Keep your hands off my body!” Ain’t it sad that when it comes to murdering an unborn baby, that’s personal — but when it comes to a 20oz soda, that’s a matter for state regulation. Can’t they see how ridiculous they look?