Tuesday Open Thread – and a Must-Read

Posted by: ST on August 7, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Had a full day today. Too tired to do much other than Tweet a bit and relax on the couch with a couple of pieces of pizza and some lemonade. :) So this will be short and sweet.

First up, your photo of the day:

Heh

Heh : )

‘Nuff said, eh?

Second, today’s must-read – courtesy of CNN:

It’s really incredible how many lies the Probamabots are willing to throw against the wall this year in order to try and get their guy re-elected. You’d think he didn’t have an impressive record to run on or something.

Oh, wait. 8-|

9 Responses to “Tuesday Open Thread – and a Must-Read”

Comments

1. Steve Skubinna says:

Thing is, I keep thinking this sort of thing has to backfire, turn more people off than it reaches. It’s a very unfunny equivalent of John Cleese in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

“Well, she turned me into a newt!

I expect most people to respond with “Dude, you think Romney murdered your wife? Seriously? How did the cops respond to your complaint?”

My own response is “Sorry your wife died. Really.”

“I’m also sorry you’re a mucking foron.”

2. BBHunter says:

- I’ve been waiting for the “I’m the president of all Americans” BS to start, and Jug ears is not the sort of huckster to ever dissapoint.

– So now he’s batting 1000 in the fail department.

(enjoy your quiet time and pizza ST – :))

3. Sefton says:

Dewhurst tried to use that same “he caused the death of my loved one” b.s. ad as well here in Texas.
    Look how that turned out for him.

The Oblamer campaign is reaching for anything they can. Sad thing is, it’s only going to get worse. My hope is that they just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper.

4. Drew the Infidel says:

That the guy pictured still has the doors open for business is testament the governement had nothing to do with it, just like the sources of the pizza and lemonade (Oh, the power of suggestion!). The trademarks of a government business are inefficiency, incompetence, padlocks, and “for sale” signs a la Solyndra. The break-even price for the taxpayers on GM (Government Motors) stock is galaxies away from that quoted on the stock exchange.

5. Notice that as the campaign for November’s elections progresses, President Obama avoids talking about his own record. That’s because it is so dismal.

He figures he is much safer just attacking the “record” of Mitt Romney, even if it means making stuff up.

Which leads me to Obama’s school records. You know, the ones they’ve never released. Hmmm…Wonder what they’re hiding over there, huh? I wonder if Harry McMoron has an “unnamed source
    Does President Barack Obama have his Jewish mojo back? After the disrespect he showed Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu?.
    Obama has been weak in his support of Israel. Many Jewish voters and big donors are angry and disappointed. I predict Obama’s Jewish support drops from 78% in 2008 to the low 60’s.
    President Obama “the child president” has led us well, hasn’t he ! No he hasn’t!

6. Tom TB says:

To listen to Barry Soetoro Barack Hussein Obama: ALL of our ancestors came to this New World, and signed up immediately for government programs!

7. wild bill says:

It seems as if NObama’s gunna just make up anything to throw “WE THE PEOPLE” as far off his record (of failure) as he possibly can. I can’t wait til the debates! If he picks out a cardboard cutout of a running mate then it’ll do better then Biden. I wonder what the October surprise is gunna be like if WEIR hearing about dead wives/Bain Capital & “Dirty” Harry smoke & mirrors about Romney’s taxes. Just when I think it’s safe enough to say, “It can’t really get any dirtier…” I hope the pizza was the real deal & that the lemonade was iced cold! TTYL Sis! B’D

8. BBHunter says:

BigBangHunter says August 9, 2012 at 3:10 am

– Comment I ran across on Valley of the shadow:

“So you won’t eat a chicken sandwitch at Chick-fil-A because the owner said he defends classic marraige.

Fine, now tell us when you’re going to stop buying gasoline from OPEC,an entire industry whose home countries put homosexuals to death.”

It’s keeping the economy off the front pages, isn’t it? And that’s what the campaign from the Democraps is all about.

BTW, who else has noticed the price of gasoline has gone up $0.30 in the last two weeks? And the price of diesel (that brings all those goodies to y’all) has gone up even more! Count on the price of everything going up, but not seeing it in your local fishwrap.