Spike Lee: Expectations were “too high” for Obama …”the Savior, Black Jesus”

Posted by: ST on August 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Er, ya THINK?

In an interview set to air Saturday on CNN, filmmaker Spike Lee told Don Lemon that he believes expectations were too high at the outset of Barack Obama‘s presidency, adding that people viewed him as a savior-like “Black Jesus” without regards to the fact that “the man’s not perfect.”

Asked by Lemon whether he believes the expectations were too unrealistic for President Obama, Lee said: “Oh, yeah. He was the savior, black Jesus.”

“I don’t care who it was,” he continued. “Expectations were way too high for what somebody can deliver, knowing how politics works and knowing that you have to deal with the Congress.” Lee then went on to criticize the Republican-led House as solidified in “Whatever you do, we’re blocking it. Every breath we take, we’re going to do what we can that you don’t get a second term. Bottom line. If it hurts America in the process, tough business.”

What Lee and other left-wing celebrity nitwits will never admit is that 75% of the hype about Barack Obama’s “savior” abilities in 2008 came from the campaign itself (including the man), his flock of supporters in the mainstream press, and – well, left wing celebrities like Spike Lee himself. You remember, the stuff about healing the oceans and saving our souls and all that. Admitting any of that would be confessing to some personal responsibility, and we all know how the left feels about that.

A video clip from the Lee/Lemon interview is at the Mediaite link. Watch it … if you care. ;-)

8 Responses to “Spike Lee: Expectations were “too high” for Obama …”the Savior, Black Jesus””

Comments

1. GerryMaine says:

Naw! I’ll pass on the video. Why should I want to listen to another narcissistic liberal? TV and films are already overpopulated with them.

2. foxmuldar says:

Spike Lee is the real racist. It was whites that put Obama in the White House. Dumb whites who were taken in by the BS that Obama and his Liberal media put out for us. Now if you don’t vote for him again, your called a racist. Sorry but Obama isn’t Jesus. If he was I’d want to nail his ass to a cross. But they still do that in Islamic countries Christians.

3. foxmuldar says:

4. Though I did not vote for him (and would not if you held a gun to my head), the only expectations I had of Obhammud was that the SOB would lead the country while showing the demeanor of a decent human being, never thinking I was setting the bar too high.

5. BBHunter says:

- Well thats all the confirmation I need. NBC has said its Ryan at 9 am in the campaign room with a tax plan.

6. Jim N says:

And if Obama hit the nail on the head and accomplished all that he set out to do (or at least ONE thing on his to do list), Lee would be saying, “See? What did I tell you?” This is just a matter of convenience and back tracking by the Left … 4 more years, my @$$!!

7. mike says:

of course expectations were too high, that’s the Liberal racism rearing it’s ugly head: Blacks are not held to as high a standard, and if they fail it’s always the fault of the white devils keeping them down

never mind that we now have a Black President AND Attorney General, America is still racist

With dog droppings like Lee, Jackson, Sharpton, Holder, etc. ad infinitum around, I would be extremely surprised if there weren’t boogeyman racists around for their straw man arguments.

What they (and any liberal, as far as that goes) can’t accept is that Dear Leader is opposed on the basis of policy, not race. They can’t accept that because his policies are intellectual, not reality-based, and reality has nothing to do with blue-sky, heal-the-planet, feed the unicorn theories that libs love so much.