Election 2016: Keith Ellison: ‘I would love to see Elizabeth Warren’ run
Via The Hill:
After a day of action at the Republican convention in Tampa, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney is looking better to voters.
Romney’s image has received a five-point bump after the convention’s first day, according to data presented at a Wednesday breakfast sponsored by The Hill at the law offices of Holland & Knight.
Romney had a 43-percent favorable and 44-percent unfavorable rating in nine battleground states heading into the convention, according to an average compiled by Real Clear Politics.
A survey conducted by Wilson Perkins Allen Opinion Research in nine battle ground states Tuesday evening found Romney’s favorable rating among likely voters had jumped to 48 percent. His unfavorable rating dipped to 39.
Wilson said the polling data indicated Romney’s image has improved after a day of action at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s speech had the biggest impact of the convention so far, more than twice as popular as Ann Romney’s remarks on Tuesday, according to the poll.
Of course, this number could drop but it’s nice to know that the not so subtle hints being thrown out there by Team Obama that now is not the time for a political convention (with Hurricane Isaac hitting New Orleans) at the very least aren’t having a negative impact on Romney/Ryan’s convention numbers.
Did any of you watch last night’s speeches? Ann Romney almost had me in tears. She did great, looked like a total natural. Gov. Haley was on fire. And it goes without saying that Gov. Christie was pumped up. And Saratoga Springs, Utah Mayor and candidate for the US House Mia B. Love? Awesome! All in all, it was a great first full night of convention floor activity. I’m looking forward to tonight’s speeches.
Speaking of, Paul Ryan will be speaking tonight after 10 Eastern Time. Here is the rest of tonight’s lineup (subject to change, of course):
• Convention convenes
• Call to order
• Introduction of Colors by Amputee Veterans of America Support Team (AVAST)
• Pledge of Allegiance by Brigadier General Patrick E. Rea, US Army (Ret.)
• National Anthem sung by Ayla Brown
• Invocation by Ishwar Singh
• Ron Paul Video
• Remarks by Senate Republican Leader and Convention Temporary Chairman Mitch McConnell (KY)
• Remarks by Senator Rand Paul (KY)
• Remarks by Christopher Devlin-Young and Jeanine McDonnell
• Remarks by Senator John McCain (AZ)
• Remarks by Attorney General Pam Bondi (FL) and Attorney General Sam Olens (GA)
• Remarks by Governor Bobby Jindal (LA)
• Remarks by Senator John Thune (SD)
• Remarks by Senator Rob Portman (OH)
• Remarks by Governor Luis Fortuño (PR)
• Remarks by Governor Tim Pawlenty (MN)
• Bush 41, 43 Film
• Remarks by Mike Huckabee
• Remarks by Condoleezza Rice
• Remarks by Governor Susana Martinez (NM)
• Remarks by vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan
• Benediction by Archbishop Demetrios
Local TV station News 14 also has a livestream available for anyone interested in watching online.