Sunday Football Open Thread: Panthers at the Falcons

Posted by: ST on September 30, 2012 at 12:53 pm

It’s been ten days since the Panthers got their behinds whipped in front of a national audience on their home turf against the Giants. Would love to be able to say I’ve picked them to win this week versus the Falcons in the office pool but I did not. :( Lot of jokes and discussion in the sports media about Cam Newton and Steve Smith in the last week-plus in terms of leadership, maturity, and taking the game to the next level. Will it translate into a win today? Let’s hope it does. The Panthers winning would be a “sacrifice” I’d willingly make in the office pool.

My other picks:

Ravens (W)
Patriots
Texans
Chiefs
Lions
Rams
49ers
Cardianals
Broncos
Jaguars
Packers
Redskins
Giants
Cowboys (total score guess: 36)

The Panthers and Falcons play at 1 ET and the game will be broadcast locally on Fox.

What games are you watching?

6 Responses to “Sunday Football Open Thread: Panthers at the Falcons”

Comments

1. Drew the Infidel says:

Take heart,ST. Early 3rd quarter and Carolina is only down 14-17. Cowboys will stink the place up Monday night. The Vegas over/under is 43 but I kinda doubt it.

2. Chris in NC says:

Thanks for your faith in my Lions. Sorry if they let you down. They’ve been letting us down for decades! lol

3. DemNoMore says:

Funniest line of the day — after several bad calls by the officials against the Packers at home resulted in much booing of said officials, they showed a clip of the fans cheering the officials before the game began and said that was the honeymoon and that it had turned out to be even shorter than a Kardashian honeymoon.

4. Drew the Infidel says:

During the Packer game I was beginning if they had not gotten the memo about not using replacement refs anymore.

5. Jim says:

We shared the same picks, except Chiefs/Chargers game and tonight’s game. Even our total points are pretty darn close (I have 39).

6. mudguy says:

Wonder how many mistakes the “real” refs made? And did they get them right after the review?