Deicision Time! Election 2012 Open Thread

Posted by: ST on November 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Hey gang! How’s your Election Day going?

Mine started at 6:15 a.m. when I got in line. I was behind about 50 people. Our polls opened up here in NC at 6:30. My polling place experience went well, outside of the diehard Democrats behind me gushing about the DNC Convention and how they hated Chick-fil-A. The poll workers were efficient, made sure to tell people that voting straight party ticket did not include the Presidential race nor “non-partisan” races like District Court Judge, etc. Once I got inside the door I was out in about half an hour. Everyone seemed surprisingly pleasant given the line and how cold it was this morning.

Polls close here in NC at 7:30. Here is the link to voting results for NC as they come in. Raleigh’s WRAL has a sweet interactive US electoral map where you can click on each state without leaving the page to see the voting totals.

How was your experience? Let me know what you’re hearing and seeing on the ground. Oh, and IGNORE “exit polls” and VOTE!

You can catch me on Twitter tonight with updates. My main account is @sistertoldjah – there is a widget you can follow on the right side of this page of my tweets. I also have a back-up account in case Twitter cuts me off for an hour due to too much tweeting: @SisterTwitmo. Hope to see you there!!

I voted!

11 Responses to “Deicision Time! Election 2012 Open Thread”

Comments

1. Great White Rat says:

Very heavy turnout in my district. If that carries over to the rest of the town and congressional district, it’s good news for Jon Runyan.

Things look good early!!

3. LCVRWC says:

Very heavy turnout in Maryland. MD is guaranteed to go Obama, but it wasn’t for lack of trying on my part. Polls opened at 7; I expected there to be a mad rush and went at 7:45, then waited in line for about 90 minutes to enter the voting room. Once I was in there it was fast & efficient, and I was out in about five minutes.

4. Great White Rat says:

Not looking so good right now. We had hopes for PA and WI; they’re both gone. The only practical path left to winning now looks like running the table on the toss-up states still out – FL, VA, NH, OH, CO, IA, NC (come on there, ST!!!) and maybe picking off MN (although I’m not optimistic on that one).

It is sort of unbelieveable that PA would vote for BO. Especially after the whole bitter clingers comment made in front of so many millionaires and billionaires. Lunacy. – Lorica

6. Great White Rat says:

Lorica, if you look at PA, you’ll see that it’s a red state except for two areas: Philadelphia and (to a lesser extent) Pittsburgh. The problem is that those two cities are full of mindless Democrat machine voters, and the number of, let’s call them, “voting irregularities” that happen in Philly are well known.

Obama didn’t aim his “bitter clingers” comment at the parasites who voted for him. He aimed it and the people in central and northern PA, and I guarantee you they didn’t vote for him. Unfortunately there aren’t enough of them to overcome the parasite vote.

Ohhh I know GWR. Still if I were a Pensylvanian, I would be highly insulted by his comment, and would change my affilation. – Lorica

8. Joseph says:

As I write this, it’s still not over but doesn’t look too encouraging for Romney. If my fellow Americans end up drinking the Kool-Aid a second time and don’t like the aftertaste, I will say what I said in 2008, only it goes double this time: Don’t complain to me! We gave you plenty of warning, you didn’t listen, so shut up and take your medicine, and damn you for making me take it with you!

9. Great White Rat says:

NC to Romney!!! Finally some good news!!

But MN goes to Obama. FL is now essential. If Obama holds Florida, it’s over no matter what happens anywhere else.

10. Joseph says:

Ohio has just been called for The One. He will be our president for another four years. I can’t remember who said it, but a wise man once said, ” In a democracy people get the government they deserve.”

Am very familiar with the problem of Philly and Pitt in PA, GWR. We have a similar situation here in OR, where the Willamette Valley takes up maybe 10% of the state but rules the state with an iron fist. Matter of fact, where I grew up we call it the State of Portland because they overrule any given vote simply by their numbers.