An example of how Obamacare makes for worse-care

Posted by: Phineas on December 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm

**Posted by Phineas

Justin Binik-Thomas’s daughter was born a few months ago with three fingers fused on one hand. The good news is surgery was recently developed that can correct this and that the family has insurance that will pay everything outside the deductible. The bad news?

For children born just a couple of years from now with the same problem, the care won’t be nearly as good:

We have met with various medical professionals to discuss treatment options. There were several possibilities discussed, and we were able to weigh these options for the best fit: Zoe’s surgery is scheduled for the day after Christmas.

We knew that surgery was likely in the near future and chose to select a top-notch full coverage insurance plan this year.

The hospital informed us that this is a fairly new operation perfected over just the last five years. However: this surgery will “cease to be available in two years for insurance patients due to ObamaCare.” This is a quote from the flustered nurse at the hospital.

This plan pays all costs incurred after the deductible, provided the services are provided in-network. The plan goes away in 2014 as a result of the health law. The best new plans to replace this will pay for 90% after deductible, and will cost more. If our daughter was born just two years later we would pay more for insurance, have inferior treatment options, and be triaged (meaning delayed) for treatment. That, in my mind, is regressive. It is not progressive as many would have us believe.

Mr. Binik-Thomas is being kind; this isn’t just “regressive,” it’s downright cruel. Chasing the mirage of free healthcare for all, national Democrats and the Left (but I repeat myself) have foisted on the nation a monstrosity that will only make care worse, even for children.

And what a bitter irony for a party that likes to play the “for the children” card whenever they can.

Be sure to read the rest of Binik-Thomas’s article for examples of how Obamacare, while only partially implemented, is already degrading the quality of healthcare. I imagine that nurse isn’t alone in her frustration. I’m certain the rest of us are in for our own.

Obamacare has got to go.

(Crossposted at Public Secrets)

8 Responses to “An example of how Obamacare makes for worse-care”

Comments

1. What? Since the kid was in gestation for nine months it is being considered a “pre-existing condition”? As massive and misguided as this health care law is there is no way on God’s green earth this sort of thing was planned. To err is human; to really mess things up takes a government initiative which had a stillborn impetus. To borrow from the legendary Gypsie Rose Lee, Obhammud is descended from a long line his mother listened to.

The only people the abortion known as ObamaCare is good to are the jackasses that shoved it down everyone else’ throats, and, of course, the wimps that went along with a whimper to pass it.

But, I guess as long as sleazebuckets get their “free” phones it’ll be worth it to them – until, of course, they need some real medical attention…

President Obama is currently on TV trying to give a speech at a Newtown Memorial, it must be hard for him not to mention himself as much as a usual speech of his does. – Lorica

Related to your comment, Lorica, I understand the Prez has an emergency appointment with the docs at Walter Reed tomorrow to remove the hemorrhoids caused by the tightening of that particular sphincter because he couldn’t talk about himself…

5. proof says:

I’m afraid more and more people will be in for a rude awakening when the specific medical care they themselves need, over the next few years as Obamacare is implemented, is more costly, delayed, or not available at any price.

6. proof says:

Agreed Proof!! Where will Canadians go to get good healthcare!! LOL – Lorica

8. Lee Caldwell-Owens says:

:(( I forgot to take my anti-anxiety med before I read the whole thing and comments at PJ–now my husband is having to peel me off the ceiling.