Sunday Football Open Thread: Raiders at the #Panthers

Posted by: ST on December 23, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Panthers logoThe Panthers (5-9) are all set to play their last home game of the season, and today they’ll be taking on the Oakland Raiders (4-10) on a mild day here in Charlotte – 50 degrees as I type this. Should get up to 57, which feels more like fall football weather than winter weather. Nice. :)

Needless to say, the Panthers are hoping to extend their 2 game winning streak (their first of the year – defeating the Falcons and then the Chargers) into a 3 game streak with a win over Oakland, and be on the road to (hopefully) finish a bad season on a strong note. I’m feeling cautiously optimistic about the Cats’ chances of winning today, so I picked them in the office pool. Their opponents next week, BTW, are the New Orleans Saints.

Today’s game starts at 1 ET and will be broadcast locally on CBS.

My office pool picks for this week:

Falcons (W)
Cowboys
Redskins
Bucs
Broncos
Giants
Bears
Seahawks – sorry, Phineas! (43 total game points)

BTW, I won the office pool this past week, along with a colleague. My first time I’ve won more than once in a season. Yay me! :D

5 Responses to “Sunday Football Open Thread: Raiders at the #Panthers”

Comments

1. Chick says:

Looks as though all of that statistical analysis at “Airtime” paid off. ;)
    Congrats!

2. Tango says:

….waiting to see if my poor wretched Raiders can score a TD this week. Not a one last week. And we’re in the 4th qtr now and STILL no TD.

3. Dana says:

Tango, I know what it’s like to be a long-suffering Raiders fan. :(

Giving up all of those draft picks to get Carson Palmer really worked out for us, didn’t it. :((

Well, looks like Cam & Co have learned to play some football, at least against lesser competition.

And picking 9 of 14 isn’t too shabby, either, with one more to go.

Well, the ‘Hawks nearly matched your total game points guess, ST, but you still got the pick right. 10 for 15 is better than nearly any talking head on TV!

BTW, Phineas, it looked like the one really bright spot for the Niners was our Oregon kid, LaMichael. He seems to have translated his punt return abilities from college to the pros pretty well. But such a specialty is a really, really short-lived life in the league.