Egyptian Muslim cleric threatens Copts with genocide

Posted by: Phineas on December 28, 2012 at 7:33 pm

**Posted by Phineas

It’s that Religion of Peace-thing, you know:

Islamic leaders continue to portray the popular protests against President Morsi and his recently passed Sharia-heavy constitution as products of Egypt’s Christians. Recently, Muslim Brotherhood leader Safwat Hegazy said in an open rally, as captured on video:

“A message to the church of Egypt, from an Egyptian Muslim: I tell the church — by Allah, and again, by Allah — if you conspire and unite with the remnants [opposition] to bring Morsi down, that will be another matter…. our red line is the legitimacy of Dr. Muhammad Morsi. Whoever splashes water on it, we will splash blood on him.”

More recently, Dr. Wagdi Ghoneim — who earlier praised Allah for the death of the late Coptic Pope Shenouda, cursing him to hell and damnation on video — made another video, entitled, “A Notice and Warning to the Crusaders in Egypt,” a reference to the nation’s Copts, which he began by saying, “You are playing with fire in Egypt, I swear, the first people to be burned by the fire are you [Copts].” The video was made in the context of the Tahrir protests against Morsi: Islamic leaders, such as Hegazy and Ghoneim, seek to portray the Copts as dominant elements in those protests; according to them, no real Muslim would participate. Ghoneim even went on to say that most of the people at the protests were Copts, “and we know you hid your [wrist] crosses by lowering your sleeves.”

The heart of Ghoneim’s message was genocidal: “The day Egyptians — and I don’t even mean the Muslim Brotherhood or Salafis, regular Egyptians — feel that you are against them, you will be wiped off the face of the earth. I’m warning you now: do not play with fire!”

And to make that genocide even easier to carry out, he dehumanized them by comparing them to animals:

“Respect yourselves and live with us and we will protect you… Why?… because Allah has forbidden me to be cruel to animals. I’m not trying to compare you to animals … but if I am not cruel to animals or plants, shall I be cruel to a soul created by Allah? You are an infidel in Allah’s sight — and it is for him to judge you. However, when you live in my country, it is forbidden for me to be unjust to you — but that doesn’t mean we are equal. No, oh no.”

Ghoneim can weasel all he wants, but the idea is clearly planted. Copts are inferior, maybe even animals, and if they don’t act like good little dhimmis… If you noticed a resemblance to Germany in the 1930s, your mind wasn’t playing tricks on you.

The Coptic Christmas falls on January 7th this year. You can imagine what a merry season it is for them.

And speaking of Christmas, Islam’s birthplace (maybe…) demonstrated its dedication to tolerance for all by arresting 44 people who were engaged in a hideous plot.

They were planning to celebrate Christmas:

In the latest kingdom-wide crackdown on those who would violate the national religious policy of Islam only, Saudi Vice and Virtue Police arrested 44 on charges of plotting to celebrate Christmas, as reported on Dec. 27, 2012 by the Beirut-based Al-Akhbar news portal.

The raid took place in the northwest province of al-Jawf, at the private residence of an individual identified only as “an Asian diplomat.”

The fiends… It’s a good thing the watchful officers of the Vice and Virtue police were on the job. Who knows what might have happened? They might have sung carols, exchanged good wishes and presents, said a prayer or two — someone might have had a good time!!

Is it any wonder, in the kind of society that develops under Sharia law, that people can speak of another of the world’s major religions, Christianity, as being the most persecuted on the planet and even in danger of extinction in the lands of its birth?

A merry Christmas season and a happy New Year, indeed.

(Crossposted at Public Secrets)

6 Responses to “Egyptian Muslim cleric threatens Copts with genocide”

Comments

1. Do not forget Obhammud put the epileptic Morsi and his murderous band in power and it is they he relies upon to carry out his failed foreign policy in that region. This cozy little relationship is another reason the Benghazi attack is not being vigorously prosecuted. Now, who is “playing with fire”?

Of course Islam is the “religion of peace.”

And peace there will be, just as soon as all the infidels in the world are destroyed, and all the so-called muslims who practice a different version of Islam from “me” (whoever “me” is) are destroyed, and anyone who disagrees with any particular facet of “my” faith is destroyed.

Then we will have world-wide peace, and Islam (as practiced by “me”) will be pure once again.

At least until some knucklehead who disagrees with me on anything pops up again and needs to be beheaded.

Beheading is the only peaceful way to world peace!

sarc/off

3. Kate says:

I am reminded of a Coptic Egyptian gentleman who confronted me at a Prayer Station in Brooklyn, NY this summer. He was greatly agitated at Christians in this country. He informed me that as an Egyptian Coptic Christian he has been forced to move himself and his family to the U.S. because of the persecution he faced in Egypt. He lost his family business, his family home and all his personal possessions at the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. His warning to me was unless Christians in this country stand up and confront the evil that is Islam, we are doomed to face the same future. I felt so unnerved and at the same time I felt I had been given some sort of prophetic vision of what this country could become if we allow this evil to use our freedom for its own ends.

4. Tex says:

Egyptian Brotherhood threatening Christians with genocide? Now who could have seen that coming?

Yep, Tex, read all about it! Open up your handy dandy little pocket Q’uran to almost anywhere and it’ll let you know when and how to kill, maim and generally make life miserable for all those less-than-humans that reject the whole idea of a whimsical, asshole god.