Demand a Plan! (To end celebrity hypocrisy)

Posted by: Phineas on December 31, 2012 at 4:24 pm

**Posted by Phineas

Actually, I don’t know if they’re hypocritical so much as clueless, but the result is the same: yet another deep, meaningful campaign in which a bunch of vapid airheads go in front of a camera and repeat slogans over and over, hoping to brainwash you into submission, like a bunch of zombies.

This time, however, someone took that video and remixed it with interesting results:

So, celebs, does your plan include your own movies? Shouldn’t we be talking about the 1st amendment, as well as the second? Don’t your films promote the dread “gun culture” and glorify violence? If we’re going to restrict Americans’ rights to self-defense in the name of public safety, shouldn’t your films be subject to censorship for the same reason?

Or maybe, just maybe, the problem lies with the person, not the tool or the medium.

But that’s probably too difficult for for a bunch of zombies to understand.

(Crossposted at Public Secrets)

7 Responses to “Demand a Plan! (To end celebrity hypocrisy)”

Comments

1. Libertarian Advocate says:

Ok, Ok, enough, UNCLE! Here’s my PLAN. I stop going to any future movies you arse-wipes make and I don’t ever rent any of your past films so as to deprive you of future residuals. Does that work for you?

2. Nate says:

I have a plan for them.

It involves Catalina Island, some ten-foot chain-link fencing, a couple electric fence chargers, and a big sack of seeds so they can grow their own food.

Kind of a small-scale version of Escape from LA, but without the ‘escape’ part.

3. If not for the Second Amendment, there would be no First Amendment.

4. Tom TB says:

No more movies for me! I learned to shoot in 1965 when I was 11 years old, and became a Fireman and a E.M.T. No one ever died on my watch, and I don’t play with guns, so THERE, Hollyweird!

“Or maybe, just maybe, the problem lies with the person, not the tool or the medium.”

But Phineas, those persons ARE the tools! And, at best, of medium intelligence that has been stifled by living in such an echo chamber.

6. During the bowl games today a promo for Stallone’s newest effort aired. The title is “Bullet to the Head”. In addition to the title, the teaser scenes depicted leave nothing to the imagination about its content.

But ya see, Drew, it’s just a movie and can’t have any effect on mushminds, whereas a Nativity scene, well, now, THAT’S another story altogether. Just ask the ACLU! Or a lot of atheists. Or our Apologizer-in-Chief.

Ya know, as easily as so many voters are either bought off or bamboozled by smooth, scripted, read-from-a-teleprompter speech, it’s a wonder more libs/statists can’t see any connection between graphic movie violence glorified in nearly every movie now, and the graphic, sadistic violence that is all too commonplace in our country today.