Why was the Senate’s #SandyAid bill larded up with unrelated pork?

Posted by: ST on January 2, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Pork spending

And furthermore, why won’t the bleeping media focus more attention on this fact? I guess it’s more important for the Democrats and their colleagues in the MSM to note the ridiculous, self-serving “bipartisan outrage” over the fact that the House didn’t take up the bill yesterday “in a stunning reversal” as previously anticipated. And also “important” to (falsely) insinuate that thousands of New York and New Jersey residents will be stuck out in the cold as a result of their inaction.

Yeah, I know you’re shocked – SHOCKED – at how the MSM and ignorant, politically opportunistic politicos in both parties are spinning this, right? /sarc

NJ Gov. Chris Christie, who I am DONE with, has flipped out – as has Rep. Peter King (R-NY). Why not be upset at Senate Democrats who filled up their version of the Sandy aid bill with projects that had NOTHING to do with Sandy relief efforts? Why not take a chill pill when you consider that FEMA has enough money to cover relief efforts for at least another few weeks while the new US House considers the existing options on the table (and presumably will come up with one of their own)? Imagine that – actually TAKING TIME to craft, contemplate, and consider the options before you?!

Oh – regarding the specifics on the pork in the Senate bill? Gabriel Malor documented it extensively here. Make sure to read the whole thing. Then you’ll understand who to express the appropriate outrage to.

Mainstream media dereliction of duty when it comes to accurately informing the public has reached an all time high. Guess what I and others like me will spend a considerable amount of time doing this year? Combating their bull sh*t! #Enough

7 Responses to “Why was the Senate’s #SandyAid bill larded up with unrelated pork?”

Comments

1. LCVRWC says:

Gov. Christie’s recent actions almost make me wonder if he’s being blackmailed, bribed, or some bizarre NJ/Chicago combination of both. He always seemed one of the most level-headed of people; he’s suddenly turned into a raving lunatic.

2. Phineas says:

Pat Caddell said a few weeks ago that the MSM has become the enemy of democracy. I fear he’s right. :(

3. Phineas says:

Nope. He’s just facing reelection this year, hence the grandstanding.

Wonder if that’s what Obhammud’s photo op w/Christie was all about? It was as much for Christie as it was for The-One-Who-Walks-On-Water? If that’s the case, my opinion of the loudmouthed blonde “conservative” commentator who’s in love with him just got lower than it was, and I didn’t think that was possible because I personally think she’s lower than a snake and a snake crawls in the dirt!

And why is anyone shocked that the political whores we know as Congress are blaming the Republican conservatives for everything in history, including the demise of the dinosaurs and WWI? That’s what whores do – they take your money, say things that make you want more, then don’t even use K-Y the next time and leave you with a case of the economic clap ya won’t even recognize until the money spigot is turned off.

5. Drew the Infidel says:

Before all the self-serving parochial venting gets too far out of hand, there is enough outrage to go around much the same as there is enough blame for sitting on some collective Congressional dead a*ses and letting things degenerate this far in the first place.

Don’t re-elect anybody.

6. Tom TB says:

This is history now, but I think we were better off BEFORE the 17th Amendment to our Constitution. When we voted for State Legislators, and they voted for U.S. Senators, at least the pork came home!

7. Polly says:

Like you ST I am done with Christie and will no longer donate money to his campaigns.

It is pretty darned hard to be conservative these days. The libs have taken over politics, the media, education, the entertainment industries, many state and local governments.

Then we have Rinos: example McCain who seem to have a lock on perpetual reelection. He shouldn’t be counted as a conservative for sure.

That’s why I consider blogs like yours a beacon of light in the darkness. Thank you for being there.