Posted by: ST on January 4, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Pres on vacationWhile our celebrity President has gone back on sunny vacation after spending the bare minimum time in DC to demagogue the opposition party regarding the fiscal cliff “crisis”, I thought it would be a good time here in the new year to note that the “savior” who vowed to “protect the middle class”  has done a damned lousy job of it.

Like all of you reading this, the 2% FICA increase hit my paycheck this week, and all totaled for the year I’ll be paying roughly $1200 more to Uncle Sam. Pair that with having to halt 401k contributions in the last year, and also seeing health insurance premiums rise to the point I had to choose a less expensive plan with a higher deductible.  This wasn’t the “rescue” the President promised, was it?

The fact of the matter is that all of this was entirely predictable from the get go – when Obama was a candidate for President the first time around. Taxes weren’t just going to go up on “the rich”, they were going to go up on us all because WE CAN’T SUSTAIN GOVT AS IT STANDS WITHOUT HIGHER TAXES, FINES, FEES, ETC BECAUSE THEY SPEND TOO FREAKING MUCH AND CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS WON’T CUT A DIME UNLESS IT RELATES TO DEFENSE SPENDING.  Then it’s open season.

Even some liberals are finally starting to get it, as Twitchy.com notes here. Toldjah So, morons!  You can’t expect for government to “provide” for the things you “need” without them being paid for BY ALL OF US. NOTHING THE GOVT “GIVES” YOU IS FREE.  NOTHING.

So to the willfully ignorant jack asses who think health care is now “free”, and that anything else you “need” from the government is “free” – and who now are seeing less in their paychecks every week (as a result, in part, of what YOU advocate), has to pay higher health insurance premiums, has to scale back on 401k, etc: HAVE YOU LEARNED? You can’t have your cake and eat it, too.  Who best decides how to spend your hard-earned money – you? Or Uncle Sam?

DECIDE NOW.

Related: Daily Mail – Workers making $30,000 will take a bigger hit on their pay than those earning $500,000 under new fiscal deal

8 Responses to “#IamTheMiddleClass: Paying higher taxes, halting 401K, health insurance premiums skyrocketing”

Comments

1. Phineas says:

Like I said a bit ago on Twitter:

“#WhyIsMyPaycheckLessThisWeek Because some voters believed in fairy tales, bought snake oil, and voted for Obama.”

I hear ya about having to make painful cuts. I’ve come to the painful realization that cable TV has to go. :/

The only possible bright side I can see in all this is that, because it’s going to get worse before it ever gets better, enough people might get angry enough that we finally vote these clowns out of office and replace them with men and women who will push real reforms.

2. ST says:

I’ve changed allowances on my W4 so I get more during the year. Since I used my tax refunds each year to pay off credit cards one by one (down to 2 now!) I’ll just pay them off during the year and get less of a refund next year.

Will also be eating out a lot less this year. I’ve needed to do that anyway.

3. Sefton says:

Haves and have nots. Redistribution of wealth.
    One of these days… probably too late, actual working Dems who have fallen for the snake oil salesman will realize that Obama really is the Marxist they refuse to see.

4. Drew the Infidel says:

Every stitch of Obhammud’s fiscal maneuvers is nothing more than a shell game. When stimulus checks were being sent to the quick and the dead, I received a $250 check for my VA disability only to have it taken back the following April on my tax return as “Stimulus Offset”. Don’t pi*s on my shoes and tell me it is raining.

5. Great White Rat says:

I used my tax refunds each year to pay off credit cards one by one

Wait, you’re going to try living within your means??

Didn’t Obama and the Dems just tell us that that’s a ‘reactionary policy’?

Cable TV has to go is a painful cut, Phineas? Except for the college football season, I can’t find five hours of anything worth watching a week, and that includes 2-1/2 hours/week of Jeopardy!

7. Phineas says:

Didn’t Obama and the Dems just tell us that that’s a ‘reactionary policy’?

God, I must be a total Nazi in their eyes. #NoDebt

8. Polly says:

Well, the new year is upon us along with the same old $hit. This is the time of year that I always laid my financial plan for the year ahead. Only now for the first time I have no idea what to do.

Put money in a money market account at the bank? It doesn’t pay anything just like savings accounts do not either. The payout is way less than inflation.

Ah, put it in a 401K? There have been strong rumors that it is only a question of time before Obozo confiscates 401Ks. (And pensions).

Hide cash in the mattress? Well that would pay almost as well as CDs. But besides the risk of fire or robbery Obozo is depreciating money as fast as he can print it.

I’m thinking maybe I should deposit whatever money I have in Obozo’s personal account. Then I can go on food stamps, rent subsidies and get a free cell phone.
    Wheeeeeeeee.