Marco Rubio tells Colin Powell to stop being a tool

Posted by: Phineas on January 14, 2013 at 1:13 pm

**Posted by Phineas

Victim of Republican Intolerance?

Victim of Republican Intolerance?

Well, not in so many words, but that was the gist of the Florida senator’s remarks during an interview this morning, when asked about former-Secretary of State Powell’s assertions of hidden racism in the Republican party:

I disagree with General Powell’s assessment of the Republican Party today,” Rubio said.

“The Republican Party is the party that [has] placed two Hispanics in the U.S. Senate,” Rubio told Tantros, “and we have an African-American senator in the United States Senate.”

Republican intolerance is so bad that, not only do we include two Hispanics (Rubio, Cruz) and one Black (Scott), but also two governors of Indian descent (Haley, Jindal) and two of Latin origin (Martinez, Sandoval). Much as I loathe ethnic bean-counting (1), if the Democrats are going to trot out their useful idiots to smear Republicans and conservatives with the race card, then it’s fair to ask where are the Democrats’ high-level minority leaders?

They might find the answer “embarrassing as Hell:”

Inclusive?

Inclusive?

And let’s not forget Colin Powell, himself, who was made Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State under Republican administrations, and has at times almost been begged to be that party’s candidate for president.

Yeah, that’s “intolerant,” all right. Everyone knows that appointment to the senior-most position in the president’s cabinet, fourth in line from the Oval Office, is just another demeaning form of tokenism.

What a shnook.

RELATED: “Dark vein of intolerance,” Mr. Secretary? Perhaps you need a little lesson about the Democrats’ dirty history.

PS: Funny how Powell was trotted out to play the race card right after the storm broke over the photo above. Almost as if the administration needed a distraction…

UPDATE: I want everyone reading this to look at these two pictures and tell me which administration seems more genuinely “diverse and inclusive.”

Footnote:
(1) As a conservative, I care about a person’s principles and the content of their character, not irrelevancies such as skin color, ethnicity, or gender. I’ll leave that insulting game to Democrats and their willing dupes.

(Crossposted at Public Secrets)

10 Responses to “Marco Rubio tells Colin Powell to stop being a tool”

Comments

1. I apologize for whatever childhood slight of “intolerance” Colin Powell endured and still carries, with which I had nothing to do, of course – on the condition he agrees it will make him feel better and shut him up with this nonsense.

2. ASA_98C says:

Talk about hitting the nail on the head! Thank you!

3. Drew the Infidel says:

As long as race continues to be the problem Colin Powell perceives it to be for himself, it will always be so. As far as his criticisms of the GOP are concerned, when has he ever so much as run for office under that banner or been to the convention as a delegate or helped sposnor their party platform?

4. ST says:

Hah! Love the photo contrast at the WaPo link. :D

5. WMP says:

After I read Colin Powell’s comments on Meet the Press (specifically the reference to the term lazy made by John Sununu), Mr. Powell said that has a different meaning to blacks. Oh really – funny, when I refer to someone as lazy, that’s just what I mean and quite frankly I could care less about their gender, their race, sexual preferences. Also – Mr. Obama created that “lazy” comment about the debates himself. Prior to the first one when Romney cleaned his clock – his own people said he wasn’t focused, he told his campaign workers he didn’t like preparing and took a trip to the Hoover Dam. The absurdity of it all – it ‘s unfortunate that Mr. Powell has bought into these talking points. Pres. Obama brings this all on himself – for example today – he thinks he’s a pretty fun guy and likes a good party. Really!!!!

Talk to a few hardcore Democratic Union guys and tell me a good number of them are filled with prejudice. Prejudice exists with all different types of people.

6. mudguy says:

If Colin Powell Knew his history he would who the real racists. The Democrats.

7. Phineas says:

Mudguy, that is a great timeline in your linked post!

8. Polly says:

He said don’t be a “tool?” I thought he said don’t be a “fool.”

I haven’t really liked this guy since the whole Valarie Plame thing. The fact that he knew that Scooter Libby wasn’t the leaker, and allowed poor Scooter to go thru a 2 year ordeal that caused him to be convicted on some BS charge, and kept his mouth shut, fully aware that Richard Armatage was the real leaker, tells me all I need to know about this fool. I just wish he would keep his mouth shut now.

I find it odd that he goes on about how he is a traditional Republican, what does that mean, exactly?? Then he goes on to talk about how conservatives, who really do want to honor our founding fathers, are crazed lunatics, basically. Now we are trying to make the hard decisions regarding what is best for this nation, and Colin choses the wrong side. – Lorica

More on this from WSJ editorial.

LINK