Renewed.

Posted by: ST on July 8, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Warrior woman

Hi there.

Renewed the ST domain today – for another two years.

Normally I renew for one year each year, but the recent horrific and tragic events that have taken place over the last week drove me to make sure the site was around for a while to come, and that what I had written here since 2003, and what my co-blogger Phineas as well as guest bloggers had written, was preserved.

I may not blog here near like I used to be, but I’m still active – I am still a contributor to IJ and am engaged on social media frequently, especially Twitter.

This will always be my home when I want to let unfiltered commentary fly.

I have been disheartened over the last year or so with the direction of GOP, especially now that Trump is the nominee (don’t get me started), and I am so fed up with the Hannity/Ingraham crowd over their actions that led up to Trump becoming the nominee. I have toyed with the possibility of joining the “unaffiliated” ranks at some point in the near future in protest, but for now, I stay.

Right now more than ever, our country desperately needs firm, strong, capable – mature – leadership and we won’t have that no matter which candidate is elected as President in the fall. Our country has made it through some really rough times, and I pray that we will through the next four years as well. It’s going to be an extraordinarily bumpy ride. Make sure to buckle your seat belts.

9 Responses to “Renewed.”

Comments

1. Phineas says:

Glad to see the site renewed, Chief, and I like the new look. :)

2. Stephanie says:

Glad you’re still here!

3. Thanks for doing what you do. Phineas too!

4. Jim says:

Glad to have you around. Even though it might not be as often as I would like. Sounds like we do think alike. Even more than I thought.

5. ST says:

Thanks, y’all :-)

6. J says:

I disagree with the remark that we will not have serious leadership if the Republican wins. This candidate has moved the discussion to conservatism and back to the platform like no other candidate, not even Ted Cruz, did, and I just hope that if and when people are proven wrong about these views that nothing will be different, that all of these people apologize to those of us who saw something that others did not. Remember, the alternative is Clinton, and we know what she will do if she is elected president.

7. TomTB says:

We only have ONE vote, if we are honest, and I regret my third party vote for Ross Perot many moons ago.
    I want the Rodham Clintons retired from the public sector!

8. Chuck Kilmer says:

I pray for the US every day. No matter who gets elected I will pray harder.

With the likes of “Teddy” leading the fight against Trump, it’s no wonder the party is in disarray. Apparently The Donald saw something some of us didn’t see when he coined the moniker “Lyin’ Ted,” ’cause that’s exactly what Cruz is – a liar.

Will I vote for Trump? You betcha, with a clothespin on my nose, but I wonder how many tolerant jackasses realize they will be voting to exit the community of nations when they vote for Hillarious? Do they really hate this country that much?

And I also pray daily for this nation, and at least with Trump we’ll be friends with Israel again.

And, oh yes! Glad you renewed, ST!