I think I’m OD’ing on the irony

Posted by: Phineas on August 18, 2010 at 11:48 am

For years -years!- the moonbat Left (which includes the Democrat leadership) railed at George W. Bush for destroying our image in the Muslim World, in spite of all the blood and treasure we spent liberating 60,000,000 Muslims from two of the worst tyrannies in the world, not to mention genuinely effective disaster relief in Muslim Indonesia after the Boxing Day tsunami, while their beloved UN did squat-all. Barack Obama campaigned to restore our good name and even went to Cairo to kowtow as a good dhimmi to make a speech apologizing for our supposed sins.

Yet now, with Obama making a complete fool of himself over the jihadist victory monument Ground Zero mosque, to whom does the Left turn to save their multicultural golden calf?

George W. Bush.

Byron York has the story:

“It’s time for W. to weigh in,” writes the New York Times’ Maureen Dowd. Bush, Dowd explains, understands that “you can’t have an effective war against the terrorists if it is a war on Islam.” Dowd finds it “odd” that Obama seems less sure on that matter. But to set things back on the right course, she says, “W. needs to get his bullhorn back out” — a reference to Bush’s famous “the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon!” speech at Ground Zero on September 14, 2001.

Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson is also looking for an assist from Bush. “I…would love to hear from former President Bush on this issue,” Robinson wrote Tuesday in a Post chat session. “He held Ramadan iftar dinners in the White House as part of a much broader effort to show that our fight against the al-Qaeda murderers who attacked us on 9/11 was not a crusade against Islam. He was absolutely right on this point, and it would be helpful to hear his views.”

And Peter Beinart, a former editor of the New Republic, is also feeling some nostalgia for the former president. “Words I never thought I’d write: I pine for George W. Bush,” Beinart wrote Tuesday in The Daily Beast. “Whatever his flaws, the man respected religion, all religion.” Beinart longs for the days when Bush “used to say that the ‘war on terror’ was a struggle on behalf of Muslims, decent folks who wanted nothing more than to live free like you and me…”

These people are asking for -nay, demanding!- BushChimpHitler’s help to make up for Obama? Pardon me while I laugh. Rolling on the floor

There’s plenty to say at another time about their multicultural blindness toward the two faces of Islam; for now, I just want to lean back and savor the moment.

(Crossposted at Public Secrets)

16 Responses to “I think I’m OD’ing on the irony”

Comments

1. ElCee says:

I have liberal relatives, so I’ve got an idea what this is all about. It’s so they can say “See! Bush said ….”.

Just the same old, same old…

2. arcman46 says:

“But, But, But, George Bush ruined this country” At least that is what my lib friends are always telling me. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

3. Live Free Or Die says:

JournoListers of a feather flock together, and come up with…
    “I know! Let’s get that RatFinkBastard,G.W.Booosh, to help us!

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be surprised if he accepts their Jedi Mind Trickeration.:-l

4. TexasDoc says:

If W says anything, they excoriate him. If he doesn’t say anything, they whine. I see the group bipolar disorder on the left has only intensified.

5. Wasn’t Bush the dumbest U.S. President ever who tricked the Democrats into voting for the war in Iraq? Like I’ve said before and we all know, liberals are opportunists with no values.

There is an excellent piece on this subject over at Common Sense Junction, specifically about creeping Shariah law.

GW had his philosophical problems (TAARPI, for instance, and criminal aliens for another), and I didn’t and don’t agree with him on this issue, either, but at least he stood his ground (for once). It’s just too bad Duh-1 won’t even credit him for that.

7. PE says:

Looking for a Bush bailout is an obviously desperate gambit. I hope he says no.
    What’s next? Prayer? Desperate times call for desperate philosophies.

8. Royce says:

The Left constantly went ballistic over Mr Bush, even though he constantly proclaimed Islam to be a “religion of peace”. Also, a former Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson was on Hannity last night defending BHO’s Mosque comments to the Muslims and strongly hinted that Mr Bush would have agreed with him.

Just imagine how much more deranged the Left would have been toward Mr Bush had he been a consistent true conservative. That said, Mr Bush did consistently stand up for our troops and generally placed their safety and welfare above that of the terrorists. Perhaps, this is where he differs the most from BHO on this issue.

9. rotarymunkey says:

Why are they whining for Bush? Telling Muslims that our freedom of religion guarantees that they’re allowed to build that damn mosque if they choose is a statement as clear as a bell from our Imam-in-Chief. Doing so during a Ramadan dinner makes it doubly so.

10. Neo says:

George W. Bush should come out and agree completely with Obama on not just the Cordoba House, but his whole economic plan claiming that it is an extension of his own policies. Additionally, he could thank Obama for continuing many of his programs at the intelligence agencies including “rendition” and many Patriot Act features.

11. MDL says:

It’d not a ‘jihadist victory monument’. Stop being so inflammatory. It’s amazing to me how much fear you folks promote. I thought the whole idea of going to war in the first place was to help Muslims. To reach out to them and give them an alternative to the extremism. Now with this silliness you are pushing them away.

12. Zippy says:

Wow. This is a laughable moment.

Let’s see, MDL. AGW, robber baron banks, predatory lenders, unscrupulous doctors, health care and insurance companies, evil coal and oil companies. The list is seemingly endless of those that the democrat leadership are jamming their government takeover agenda through about.

And you say WE are inflammatory and promote fear?

When you get out of whatever galaxy you are in and come back to our world, try to figure out what’s really going on, will you?

14. Meanwhile, Democrat Howard Dean is siding with the “hate-filled, Islamophobic Xenophobes,” and suggesting that the mosque is “an affront to the people who lost their lives” on 9-11-2001 and should be built elsewhere.